“Visual history lesson!”

The Heritage Centre
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What an amazing centre. Each room represented a journey through time. Excellently presented with lots of reading to inform and stimulate your interest. You would want to linger in each room and absorb it all. Loved the social history as well, a reminder of how we used to live, the uniforms, the linens and embroidery, the school rooms, the 'kitchenalia'! I was thrilled to find a knitting book from 1942 which I have myself. My mother was in the WRENS during the war and would have bought the book in London when she was at the Royal Naval College.
Visited on a wet and miserable day and totally forgot the weather! The ladies who greeted us were so friendly and delightful to meet. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Wonderful to travel through time. Each room represents a different era and it was very interesting. The volunteer staff were welcoming and friendly. Happily donated £5 to support this centre and I hope other visitors contribute to the upkeep.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

The history of Henley nicely displayed with interesting artefacts, pictures, and documents in a building which is architecturally interesting in itself.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I really enjoyed my visit to this very interesting museum. It does concentrate on the history and people of Henley-in-Arden but is also has exhibits which are relevant to many small towns in Warwickshire. The volunteer staff were all (and we met several as we were there for quite a few hours) are charming and helpful. I would recommend this Museum to anyone who wants a snapshot view of the history of many typical English small towns.

I believe the review on the site regarding this Museum from Anita S has not been posted correctly. This reviewer is referring to the Historic Car Museum at Gaydon, not the Historic Centre at Henley-in-Arden - there are no cars here.

1  Thank SWeaver12
Reviewed 22 June 2012

A superbly presented history of Henley-in-Arden and its' businesses, residents and general history. Friendly and informative and FREE entry!