“Very pleasant”

and 1 more site!
Beambridge Inn
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed here a few times over the years as we have family in the area whom we visit. Usually staying in the family room, we have always been made to feel welcome.

The family room consists of a large, comfortable main bed and a pull out sofa bed which the children see as a novelty to share, as they have their individual rooms at home. There are a some aspects to the rooms that are a little tried and dated, but have always found it and the linen to be clean and fresh and was advised on our most recent visit that a full refurbishment is due to take place very soon. There is a railway nearby and the kitchen extractor is near the window of this room, but neither operate late, so this has never disturbed our sleep.

Our experience of the staff is that they are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are generous and thoroughly enjoyed by us all. The dining/bar area is again clean and pleasant with a good selection of foods and drinks (including real ale) on offer.

There is a large function room too, which often has acts/events on at weekends, which is an added bonus. Would also be great to hire for community events if I lived in the area.

The immediate location is not the most scenic, but the venue and courtyard outside still has a great feel to it, especially during the nicer weather. There are lots of places to visit locally (e.g. diggerland for children), but would recommend use of a car. There is ample free parking.

This will definitely be our first choice for our all future visits to the area and look forward to seeing the refurbishments, along with Craig and the team again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two night this weekend.
I have flown a long way for a wedding and needed a place to stay so my UK family had booked 3 rooms one being ours,
Now I for one read all reviews before I stay somewhere and I read mixed reviews.
My experience at the Beambridge Inn was outstanding
The Service, was outstanding the staff went above and beyond my expectation.
The Food, once again food was excellent dinner and brekky
The Room, clean and accommodating,my bed was hard but I'm not going to crucify a place because I like a super soft bed.
All in all cheap clean place to stay for the weekend with great service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
cdhaitch, General Manager at Beambridge Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It was an absolute pleasure looking after your family and I am delighted you felt the Beambridge met all your needs during your stay. I have passed your comments onto my team, especially Kate & keith who looked after you on Friday and of course the kitchen team.
Hope you have/had a safe journey home. Craig
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Me and a group of about 15 of my friends all when to the Beambridge for a lovely meal! It wasn't for any special reason just a friends gathering. It was a great meal, great value for money! The food was amazing and it was even quite busy but the staff were so efficient and very attentive. Overall a great meal and defiantly would recommend going there!

• Stayed March 2014
cdhaitch, General Manager at Beambridge Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thrilled that you had a great time, you all certainly know how to enjoy yourselves. Thank you for taking the time to review us, it is appreciated. Hope its not too long before you return. Craig
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

'Recently refurbished' is how the Beambridge describes itself; 'A work in progress' is how I would describe it. There are definitely some signs that some work has been done, but it is a long way short of a complete job; the ceiling was fresh and white and the 'feature' wall looked good, but the rest of the walls were in desperate need of a matching job and the flooring was dirty, stained and old, as were most of the electrical fittings. Similar story in the bathroom where the sink and shower appeared quite new but the bath was chipped and the flooring was in desperate need of replacement. The bath mat should have been replaced years ago - split and horribly discoloured, Dead flies in the light fittings left me with the distinct feeling of a lack of effort. Door handle/lock was obviously old and worn and difficult to lock. Breakfast followed the same pattern - could have been so much better with some care and effort - looked like the bacon had been cooked a long time ago as it was dried and tough and the 'Beambridge Breakfast' was about 50% baked beans, most definitely NOT good value. Given it's somewhat out-of-the-way location and the competition from the Travellodge up the road, the Beambridge is going to have to raise it's game if it is going to survive. On a positive note, the bed was HUGE and I did sleep ok - no problem at all with train noise even though the main line is only about 30 yards from the bedroom window.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
cdhaitch, General Manager at Beambridge Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am aware that some of the flooring in the rooms require replacement and this is being addressed as is the bath mat. Having served you breakfast, I was not aware that you did not enjoy what was served as I would have been happy to replace anything that did not meet your expectations, but my checks with your group left me thinking that all was to your satisfaction.

That said, I have discussed your review with the chef and housekeeper to ensure that we understand and where relevant, action the details of your comments. We do not profess to be perfect but all genuinely honest appraisals of a guests stay are welcomed, preferably at the time, since we can attempt to address any issues during the visit to the guests benefit and improve standards generally. Thank you for your views.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

When I arrived at this hotel it was closed and I was left stranded in a dark rural area, late on a Sunday night and a considerable distance from home without accommodation.

I was later informed that the problem was a clerical error with the hotel. I therefore suggest caution if you are considering booking with this hotel. I don't know the details of the clerical error however the impression I am left with is that this place is unreliable, not to be trusted and unprofessional in how they go about business. In my opinion the manner in which they resolved my issue leaves much to be desired.

This place seems to have good reviews and I may have just been unlucky but do you want to risk travelling hours from home to find the building in darkness and your accommodation closed?

My advice is to look elsewhere, there are much better options in the local area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
cdhaitch, General Manager at Beambridge Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Further to our email communications I wish to publicly apologise for the admin error that created the situation of you arriving at the Beambridge after it had been closed. As I had previously explained the reservation had inadvertently been allocated to the wrong day in error, which I acknowledged immediately and also stated that without reservation would reimburse you any out of pocket expenses.

Using your legal Profession "speak" it was clear from the outset that our failing had created a claim opportunity and my out of pocket expenses would not placate. You cited before the night was out, that "letters of action" would be sent to the internet agent and ourselves. Furthermore you stated that phone calls and receipt timings would provide you with evidence in presenting for legal proceedings, whilst applying your charge rate of £100 per hour and that I should consider the civil procedure. This seemed a little out of context for a room booked for £37.50.

My responses to your communications were always prompt, courteous and professional. I had reimbursed your account with the difference in charges for the accommodation and a compensatory sum about 1 hour after you had submitted a copy receipt and feel that I could not have dealt with the matter any more efficiently or expediently.

In this case, despite my unreserved apology, prompt acknowledgement, immediate reimbursement and your initial gratitude in my speedy dealing with the matter and acceptance of full and final settlement, your full appeasement would have only occurred had I reimbursed you as if I had retained your services. This is simply not justifiable and the level of compensation offered and accepted was commensurate with your booking and our mistake and not your hourly work rate.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here 18th february. Room relatively ok although toilet wouldnt flush away number twos!! TV handset wouldn't work. No wifi although advertised as having it throughout hotel. Landlord said it was down. Really needed this as I was away on business so found this most irritating. Evening meal....what a joke. Function room packed and bar and restaurant jammed. Two people on behind bar. Waited 10 minutes to get a drink and gave up. Asked landlord if I could have a table and was told there was not much chance. I told him I was a resident and although he said he would see what he could do, I was not optimistic.....and went elsewhere. Was told later it was the Pony Club "do" wish I had been told this at time of booking. I stay away very regularly.....but never here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

WE booked two nights after Christmas wanted to meet the family in Wellington. Hardly could sped one terrible night there ,Dirty room, junior bed, cobwebs in all corners , old linen , you will be lucky to get clean room. £50 per night ((( Room was number 8 , in room 4 toilet didn't flash .
Never again.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms in this B&B