“Fantastic Guest House”

Eden End Guest House
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Guest House”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Having read the reviews on Tripadvisor I felt the Eden End Guest would be the place to stay for our overnight stay for Solihull and Warwickshire attractions. I'm so glad we did! From the moment we arrived Wendy and Russ gave us a warm welcome and looked after us throughout our short visit.The rooms were comfortable and immaculately clean. Plenty of space for parking. In the morning you were provided with an excellent breakfast to keep you going through the day. Wendy was kind enough to find information for places to go for an evening meal too. All in all a fantastic place which is excellent value for money. I will be returning. Thank you................

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garyu123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I found this B & B a few years ago and whenever I have to return to this part of the country I always stay at Eden End. I have always found a very warm welcome, ther is nothing I can fault.Excellent al round.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Had a wonderful time at Eden End where I stayed for 1 week while attending IFSEC at NEC. Wendy and Russ were very friendly and always helpful. Service and Breakfast were lovely. Highly recommend staying at Eden End.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I work around Birmingham on a regular basis and usually stay in one of the larger chains of Hotels, but having read the reviews for Eden End decided to give it a try. Well, I'm very pleased I did as this little guest house is a gem. Easy to find, offroad parking, comfortable beds and warm rooms await you.
The best way of reviewing this Guest house is to compare with the Holiday inn I stayed in last time I was in Birmingham:
1) Free Wireless Connection: Eden End FREE, Holiday Inn £15 for 24 hours
2) Parking: Eden End: Off road, secure & FREE, Holiday inn+ £7 per day
3) Refreshments in room: Eden End : Tea, coffee, herbal and 2 packets of biscuits, Holiday inn: Basic tea/coffee and nothing else.
4) Breakfast: Eden End; Full home cooked with all the trimmings, Holiday inn: Bland buffet style fare.
5) Service: Warm welcome from Wendy/Russ and shown to your room, Holiday inn: Simply cannot compare.
6) Sleep quality: Eden End: Room lovely and quiet, Holiday inn very noisy and in my last stay was awoken by party revellers in the early hours.
My one and only comment to Wendy/Russ would be that the room got very light, very early in the morning: black-out blinds would remedy this and really be the icing on the cake!
All in all Eden End is highly recommended and very conveniently placed for restaurants nearby. So much better than the large chain of Hotels: I will be staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
justmeSolihull, Owner at Eden End Guest House, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your fabulous feedback - it is much appreciated. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that next time business brings you to the area you choose us again. Thanks also for the feedback regarding the room getting very light in the morning - the room you stayed in is next on the list for refurbishment and we will now make sure that we choose curtains with blackout linings to remedy this.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Only 5 minutes drive from Blythe Valley Business Park this was a perfect distance for my daily journey to the Oracle Business Center.
Very pleased with the accommodation. Very clean and welcoming with towels and toiletries provided in the room.
The breakfast was especially pleasing as there was fresh fruit to sprinkle onto the cereal and the cooked breakfast was great quality accompanied by a plentiful pot of tea.
I would say that I could not have found a better quality place for my money. Wendy was very helpful in outlining some nice places to eat in the evening only 5 minutes walk up the road. All taken into account this made a very refreshing place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Was going to stay at the hotel chain across the road but went to Eden End on recommendation and so glad I did. Clean and fresh and Wendy & Russ have got the balance spot on with a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Excellent breakfast and nothing to much trouble.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I've been staying here on and off for nearly a year. Wendy and Russ are always welcoming, the rooms clean and comfortable, the showers hot, the wireless internet access reliable, and the secure (gated) parking is an added bonus. Well located for the offices I need to get to, and also for the NEC and Birmingham Airport. Plenty of choices for getting an evening meal within walking distance, and even more short drives away. Excellent value, especially when compared to some of the local hotels. I'll continue to stay at Eden End while working in the Midlands, and wouldn't hesitate if I need somewhere stop over with Mrs. P after a concert at the NEC.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#9 of 25 in Solihull
Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant
The Stables- Deer Park Farm

Been to Eden End Guest House? Share your experiences!