“Excellent in all ways”

Eden End Guest House
England
“Excellent in all ways”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Eden End Guest House is everything that the reviews say it is.
Clean, comfortable, friendly, good location with a choice of restaurants / bars within easy walking distance. Breakfast was cooked freshly by Wendy and presented beautifully.
I only review on Trip Advisor when I find places dreadful or brilliant - this was in the brilliant category. Good value for money as well.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage it might be worth asking for a room on the first floor as the stairs to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bury
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Recently stayed the weekend with my wife, Russ and Wendy made us both feel very welcome,
room was spotless and breakfast was worth getting up for, will recommend to family and friends,keep up the good work!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony M
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Having read the reviews on Tripadvisor I felt the Eden End Guest would be the place to stay for our overnight stay for Solihull and Warwickshire attractions. I'm so glad we did! From the moment we arrived Wendy and Russ gave us a warm welcome and looked after us throughout our short visit.The rooms were comfortable and immaculately clean. Plenty of space for parking. In the morning you were provided with an excellent breakfast to keep you going through the day. Wendy was kind enough to find information for places to go for an evening meal too. All in all a fantastic place which is excellent value for money. I will be returning. Thank you................

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garyu123
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I found this B & B a few years ago and whenever I have to return to this part of the country I always stay at Eden End. I have always found a very warm welcome, ther is nothing I can fault.Excellent al round.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Had a wonderful time at Eden End where I stayed for 1 week while attending IFSEC at NEC. Wendy and Russ were very friendly and always helpful. Service and Breakfast were lovely. Highly recommend staying at Eden End.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I work around Birmingham on a regular basis and usually stay in one of the larger chains of Hotels, but having read the reviews for Eden End decided to give it a try. Well, I'm very pleased I did as this little guest house is a gem. Easy to find, offroad parking, comfortable beds and warm rooms await you.
The best way of reviewing this Guest house is to compare with the Holiday inn I stayed in last time I was in Birmingham:
1) Free Wireless Connection: Eden End FREE, Holiday Inn £15 for 24 hours
2) Parking: Eden End: Off road, secure & FREE, Holiday inn+ £7 per day
3) Refreshments in room: Eden End : Tea, coffee, herbal and 2 packets of biscuits, Holiday inn: Basic tea/coffee and nothing else.
4) Breakfast: Eden End; Full home cooked with all the trimmings, Holiday inn: Bland buffet style fare.
5) Service: Warm welcome from Wendy/Russ and shown to your room, Holiday inn: Simply cannot compare.
6) Sleep quality: Eden End: Room lovely and quiet, Holiday inn very noisy and in my last stay was awoken by party revellers in the early hours.
My one and only comment to Wendy/Russ would be that the room got very light, very early in the morning: black-out blinds would remedy this and really be the icing on the cake!
All in all Eden End is highly recommended and very conveniently placed for restaurants nearby. So much better than the large chain of Hotels: I will be staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
justmeSolihull, Owner at Eden End Guest House, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your fabulous feedback - it is much appreciated. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that next time business brings you to the area you choose us again. Thanks also for the feedback regarding the room getting very light in the morning - the room you stayed in is next on the list for refurbishment and we will now make sure that we choose curtains with blackout linings to remedy this.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Only 5 minutes drive from Blythe Valley Business Park this was a perfect distance for my daily journey to the Oracle Business Center.
Very pleased with the accommodation. Very clean and welcoming with towels and toiletries provided in the room.
The breakfast was especially pleasing as there was fresh fruit to sprinkle onto the cereal and the cooked breakfast was great quality accompanied by a plentiful pot of tea.
I would say that I could not have found a better quality place for my money. Wendy was very helpful in outlining some nice places to eat in the evening only 5 minutes walk up the road. All taken into account this made a very refreshing place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#9 of 25 in Solihull
The Regency Hotel Solihull
Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Eden End Guest House? Share your experiences!