Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Oak Hotel(Hockley Heath)
Henley Hotel(Henley-in-Arden)
View Hotel
Bell at Tanworth in Arden(Tanworth-in-Arden)
  • Restaurant
Forest Hotel(Dorridge)
Hogarths Hotel(Dorridge)
  • Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel(Henley-in-Arden)
Bridge House(Henley-in-Arden)
View Hotel
All reviewsnuthurst grangewedding venueafternoon teaattention to detailbeautiful hotelspecial occasionwedding breakfastevening receptionwarwickshire countrysidesconesprivate roomperfect settingpetit foursbeautiful groundsboxing dayour waiteramazing wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was our third visit, and once again it lived up to our expectations. The staff were friendly and most helpful, the food was excellent and well presented, and the room was spacious and well appointed. It is a good venue for that special occasion, such as our wedding anniversary. The hotel faces south west overlooking the Warwickshire countryside. The grounds are well tended, with lawns and woodland. There is ample car-parking close to the hotel, but without spoiling the setting. The ground floor is wheelchair accessible, and a ramp is available for the front door. Although there is no lift, there are 2 downstairs bedrooms, while able-bodied guests may prefer the upstairs rooms..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickE332
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went to Nuthurst Grange for a meal in their fine dining restaurant. The food was excellent, and the waiter could not have been better. We had a fantastic evening. Well done. Nice to know there is at least one place locally where service is still proper. Our compliments to all your staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noel P
Paul H, Owner at Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Sir
Thank you for taking the time to write a postive review of the hotel .As a owner it is nice to see there are people out there that write postive constructive reviews.I hope to see returning soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We celebrated our God Daughter's wedding at Nuthurst Grange and the event was a huge success. The venue, food and facilities were all first class and the hard working Manager/Master of Ceremonies ensured that the special day went to plan.

In complete contrast to the Wedding, our stay in Room 13 could not have been worse. When we entered our room it reeked of smoke and when we turned down the bed there were two large patches of mould on the sheets.

One of the highlights of a weekend away in a Country Hotel is the leisurely breakfast on Sunday morning, so having read the menu in the room the night before we were looking forward to the advertised fresh fruit smoothie, porridge, kedgeree and smoked haddock so I was disappointed to find the only option available was a traditional cooked breakfast.

As I wrote in my letter of complaint, I don't object to paying a premium price, but I expect a premium product and Nuthurst Grange did not provide it.

I directed my complaints to the owner Mr Paul Hopwood, but he did not even bother to reply. A member of his staff replied on his behalf explaining the strong smell of smoke in the room was the fault of their guests. The problem with the bed linen was the fault of their linen/laundry supplier and finally the breakfast was limited because of the discounted rate of £128.00 for guests attending the wedding.

I wrote back saying that I didn't accept any of their comments as they totally missed the point of my complaints.

The room still smelt of smoke after being made up by house keeping.

The staff fitted the mouldy sheets, so why blame the laundry.

If they had checked their accounts they would have seen that I did pay the full rate of £143 and not a discounted rate of £128.

Having waited two weeks for a reply from Mr Hopwood, I gave up on him and decided to write this review for Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 13, as all the smokers congregate in a shelter below the bedroom window and the room smells of smoke.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank JCA1000

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Nuthurst Grange and regret that you found it necessary to report this matter. Rest assured I personally read all letters directed to me and their subsequent replies but have great faith in my employees who respond on my behalf. I take all complaints very seriously and take all necessary steps to avoid re occurrence. I understand from my general manager that you were offered an alternative room which you declined and as such he assumed you to be satisfied at that time. I have also spoken to my housekeeping team and although the marks were minimal and could easily be missed I totally agree that this is unacceptable and have highlighted this incident to our laundry provider. I feel the letter of response to your initial contact was sufficient but should you wish to discuss it further please give me a call.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at Nuthurst Grange in July and had the most wonderful relaxing time the room was beautiful and everything was catered for so well ..... amazing views ...the staff are wonderful and couldn't do enough for us ...the food was delicious I would recommend to stay here to anyone it is a beautiful peaceful place to unwind and the gardens are lovely to walk around Thank you once again for a very special stay and we hope to stay there again next time we are in the country

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I am American who recently had the pleasure of having lunch at this property with my friends who live in the area & whose son is head chef. Everything was exceptional including the food & the staff who were very accommodating & made sure that we where well looked after! I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel as well as the restaurant for my many friends who visit the UK in their travels abroad. It was certainly a five star experience for all of us. I can only hope that I can enjoy the experience again at some point in the future!

Room Tip: Since I was only there for a meal & all the rooms were in use I was unable to tour the room. I did get a private tour of the kitchen facitilies & they were very clean!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends