“A new hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hockley Heath
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A new hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for the first week, as a contractor I require home from home.
Have no complaints about the room.a few minor teething problems, which I'm sure will be sorted in the near future. Can only say this business will go from strength to strength . Good look in the future, will definitely stop here again.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or leisure centre, but still a great hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your comments hope to see you here again soon,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed with my partner at The Oak hotel on opening night. The hotel has just been through a major refurbishment, so the room's are sparkly clean and the bed's extra comfy. We ate as a family of 4 and our food was delivered to our table in good time. We were extremely impressed with the food (I ordered the ribs) and the waitresses always came up to our table asking if we wanted our drinks refilled. The hotel itself is suited out in colourful wallpapers, funky sofa patterns and crazy carpets. It is a hotel with personality and thrives off vibrant patterns. The rooms are more toned down with cosy beds, and the bathrooms have extremely powerful showers - which is great if you've had a long day and want a nice hot soak. The staff are pleasant and welcoming and will make you feel at ease during your stay. The breakfast was also delicious and we were bought hot teapots and portions of toast to the table. We helped ourselves to the buffet of breakfast which includes cereals, and a hot selection of eggs, sausages, beans - the standard English Breakfast ETC...

There are a few minor things which could be improved, but they were bog standard, minor teething problems on opening night. I will definitely be returning soon and was honoured to stay on opening night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay, thankyou.
huddersfield
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped for 2 nights just after it opened. Finished to a good standard, with nice rooms, (mainly) excellent service and good food, it offers real value for money. As with any new hotel, there were a few minor teething problems (no coat hangers in my room, my waitress in the restaurant was great but a 2nd waitress kept coming over and asking me if I'd ordered etc - just a bit more organisation needed!). I've already recommended it to my colleagues and will definitely use it again - one of the best places to stay near Solihull for the money!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The oak hotel has just had a major refurbishment, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable, the bar and restaurant area have a lovely atmosphere and the food is excellent and very good value for money good luck for the future. Will definitely stay at the oak again

• Stayed April 2014
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review we are very encouraged by your comments.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel was easy to find and looks very smart from the outside.

My room was a good size, with a comfortable bed, the interior design is a little crazy- lots of clashing patterns, but a welcomed change to boring beige!

I was told as I checked in that there might be a few things missing from the room as they were still waiting on a delivery. Missing from my room were; mugs (although 1 was given to me when I chased it up), coat hangers and a room telephone- which I think for safety reasons does need to be looked into. A room phone would have also helped as I had no phone signal whilst in my room. This is obviously no fault of the hotels, but having a room telephone would have solved the problem.

There is no desk- more of a dressing table with a stool, so not ideal for those wanting to work in their room. However, there is a small seating area between reception and the bar with 4 tables as an alternative. Although to be avoided on match nights!

Bathroom- there currently aren't any shelves in the bathroom and the basin is too small for a wash bag. This is just me being picky, but this is unusual for a hotel... I ended up having to keep all of my toiletries on the floor.

The walls are quite thin- so I would suggest earplugs for those who do not wish to be woken up by other people's alarms- although it is entirely possible their alarm was set to be extremely loud.

The restaurant- the waitresses were helpful and polite and the food was very reasonably priced. I can't comment on the breakfast as I left before it was served at 7am.

For £60 a night, it was a good find. The staff are friendly and helpful and make it a pleasant place to be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review we appreciate your comments.
Shirley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a great opening night for The Oak Hotel. The refurb is trendy and upmarket. The service is excellent and the food delicious. A family of four ate a meal fit for a king. This hotel has started as it means to go on. Faultless! Well done and good luck for a bright future. Great location and lovely surroundings. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TheOakHotel, Manager at The Oak Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your excellent review these great comments are encouraging to all of the staff . Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hockley Heath
Village Hotel Solihull
Village Hotel Solihull
#11 of 25 in Solihull
The Regency Hotel Solihull

Been to The Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!