“Whitmoors Antiques - Very rude lady”

Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
REddithc, Worcs.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Whitmoors Antiques - Very rude lady”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived here at 10.45 - they do not open until 11am which we did not know - decided to park on drive - there was a chain across car park - very rude lady stormed out to say we could not park there and to move onto road! Said they were expecting a delivery! (just before opening time???)
She could have so easily have been polite and offered to remove chain for us to park up & wait for 10-15 mins Needless to say we did not stop & shop!

Visited June 2014
8 Thank magnacarta
Whitemoors, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
As put previously, there are 3 clear signs which show we open at 11am. These people, with the other complainant arrived in convoy and parked in the entrance blocking it, and then went for a walk. We do not let people in before opening times as we have suffered a number of thefts and also as we live on site our family and pets are entitled to their privacy whilst we are closed which I am sure the readers of this will agree. And yes, we do have deliveries all day - in this case is was our weekly fruit and veg order delivering to the Tearooms to which they have access. Once again, I would ask why Trip Advisor allow comments to be published about a venue when it isn't even due to be open? If a resident shouts at them, there must surely be a reason?

Nuneaton, Warks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A great morning out”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its been many years since I've visited Whitemoors and it has greatly improved, especially on the food front. Many units to explore offering antiques at very affordable prices, an ideal place to visit for unusual garden furniture. Home cooked food and cakes really very good. Unfortunately the rain stopped us from enjoying the beautiful landscaped gardens. Only downside, service was quite slow in the tea rooms and the ladies toilet was a bit drab and dirty. That said I will definitely be returning again soon.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank sixpencecat
Whitemoors, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your comments which are appreciated. Regarding slow service, we do have some staff on holiday at the moment and as we are in the middle of the Countryside with no public transport, staff are hard to recruit. However, we have just recruited 3 more to help at weekends which puts us up to 14. Regarding the toilets, please accept our apologies but they are about to be refurbished with plasterboard for the walls. Following our severe flooding in Sept 2012 which nearly closed us down , it has taken a long time to recover from our damage which cost £30,000, but we are doing our best and are grateful for everyone's support.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent home-cooked meals”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My partner and I have been regular customers of the Whitemoors Tea Rooms for many years and can assure any visitor that the quality of the food is always excellent. Sunday roasts are a particular favourite, the only difficulty being which one to choose: beef, pork or lamb. Portions are always generous so it can sometimes be a struggle to find room for a pudding.
From Easter through to late Autumn it is a real treat to be able to enjoy a meal, or just a pot of tea, in the lovely surroundings of the gardens.
Don't be put off by negative reviews, this place is a gem.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank wwwanderer_12
NUNEATON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spoilt day out”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently took my grandson and his parents for a meal at this establishment and was so disappointed by the food which was 3rd rate and we sat near the door which was horrendous because everyone that came through the door let it slam and I mean slam, after about ten slams which put me on the edge of my seat and my family that I complained to one of the staff and she said after a nervous laugh that she would do something about it but she never did. So all in all because of the complacency of the staff and the obvious "get them in, take their money and get them out attitude" my day with my grandson was ruined and goodness knows I get to spend very little time with him as it is. So if you are of a nervous disposition like me and you don't like microwave food then I don't recommend this place to eat and to top it all before I could get my meal I had to go across the yard to reception in the pouring rain to pay by card because "we cant get a signal in the tea room for our machine". My advise AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Visited March 2014
2 Thank PHILIP H
whitemoors007, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We are sorry that this person was disappointed, but we need to put a few facts right. All our food is home-cooked, the microwave is only used to re-heat vegetables as required. This is common with all restaurants. We are a Grade II listed premises and we cannot get a signal in the Tearooms to operate a card machine. In the 18 years we have lived here - this is the first complaint about that. This person made no complaint at the time - it is so easy to sit back and attack afterwards. We served 150 + meals yesterday, and received many compliments (the 'tip' pot for the staff reflected that). 40% of our customers return nearly every week - so we must be doing something right. Our thanks to the other review posted yesterday which is the opposite of this one.
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing Sunday roast.”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have to admit I was a little sceptical as to why a good friend of mine regularly drove in excess of 16 miles for Sunday lunch. My scepticism was soon quelled when I visited the Whitemoors Tea Rooms for a special celebration. This gem of a place is tucked away in the historic village of Shenton not far from where Richard III fell in the battle of Bosworth. Whitemoors offers a lively quintessential setting, perfect for whiling away a Sunday afternoon. A table was ready and waiting for a our group and we were quickly seated and having spied a few folk tucking into their roasts, I had a good feeling that we were in for a treat. I ordered roast beef and was not disappointed, my meal was far removed from the usual mass produced offerings that many chain and money churning pubs turn out. It was quite possibly the best roast beef I have had in years, I was given a generous amount of meat, all served on hot plates and by polite, attentive staff who went out of their way to ensure we were looked after. As we were in a large group of which most of whom ordered roasts, our vegetables were served in large dishes, beautifully hot and fresh.

I shall most certainly be returning, the only gripe I have, is what to order on my next visit.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank danielghughes
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Travellers who viewed Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens also viewed

Market Bosworth, Leicestershire
Leicester, Leicestershire

Leicestershire, England

Been to Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens? Share your experiences!