Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Waste of our time sadly!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Antiques centre was really disappointing, just a series of outdoor containers with what appeared to be house clearance items, no effort had been made to display or shown off these items to their full advantages, generally very disappointing.

Tea rooms - the setting looked beautiful, staff appeared polite, unfortunately we arrived minutes too late to sample the delights on offer. I presume they closed at 4.30, we wandered in by my watch at 4.25pm to be told they were shut. Would have thought that the tea rooms would have stayed open at least as long as the Bosworth battlefield site as they appeared to be linked by business to trade with one another, (i.e it's recommended to try after being in Bosworth) it's the only reason we went to the tea rooms, as were passing on our way back from there and had heard it was good.

A real disappointment and we won't make the detour next time!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank AndrewCeri
Whitemoors, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I am sorry these people were disappointed, however I need to correct their comments. Firstly, in addition to the 5 containers (all lit and insulated) there are 16 other Antiques units throughout all the heated and decorated listed buildings. Each unit is leased by a different Antique dealer and all are experts in their businesses. Some have been with us for more than 20 years. Thousands of items including Antiques, Collectibles, Paintings, Jewellery and much more ranging in price from £1 to £5000 are regularly available to our 30,000 annual visitors and buyers from the UK, Europe and beyond, and other more realistic comments on Trip Advisor reflect that. Regarding our tearooms, to enter our free car park you have to pass a sign that says 'Tearooms last orders - 4.00pm'. As I usually do for all latecomers, I offered these people a cold drink or ice cream but they declined. Our opening hours are clearly stated and as we open 7 days a week, we close earlier than some others so that we can prepare food and bake for the next day. We served some 160 meals and sold 12 cakes and 60 scones on the day of their visit - and received many positive comments and no complaints. i should also mention that Bosworth Battlefield is owned by the County Council, whilst we are a privately run business which makes no admission charges.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Delightful place”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We live locally and often find ourselves driving to Whitemoors to spend a relaxing few hours there. The food is excellent. We have eaten there to celebrate birthdays,Father's Day,anniverseries etc as well as just dropping in for a lunch time snack and the food,service and staff has without fail always been first class. We have also made many purchases over the years and again have been delighted with them and the service we received. We will be back soon

1 Thank CHayes24
Hinckley, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just had to submit a positive review after reading some of the negative comments about one of my all-time favourite places! First of all, Whitemoors and the beautiful countryside surrounding it is a joy to visit when you want to get away from it all! I have always found the staff on the antique side to have a good sense of humour (which perhaps some folk don't understand!) and the tea room girls I've always found pleasant and welcoming. I love to wander around these lovely old buildings, full of hidden treasure (most of which is very reasonably priced), then treat myself to a lovely cup of tea and a huge home made scone! Even better on a warm, sunny day when you can sit in the garden - heaven!

1 Thank Marilyn S
Northampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Am Intrigued by the alleged bad attitude of staff!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Am visiting Market Bosworth in July and am intrigued by the alleged bad and rude attitude of the staff. A lot of people have said about the surly staff. I get the impression that the owner can't accept the constructive criticism and gets very defensive. I think I will call in just to see for myself and I will definitely leave a review whether positive or negative. I hope the vibe is good - fingers crossed !!

1 Thank dollfin45
Whitemoors, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We very much look forward to your visit and we too hope that your experience is a happy one. Where our staff fail, we are only too ready to apologise and undertake training - but when criticism is unjust then (unlike most establishments who don't bother to respond) we do follow up and defend our staff if called for. Our visitor numbers have broken all records so far this year (20,000+), the BBC keep coming back to film more programmes, we have a waiting list of Tenants for space to sell Antiques and Collectibles, many of our Tearoom customers return several times a month and keep complimenting us - so we must be doing something right.....?
I am always available and indeed welcome constructive criticism so that we can improve the experience for all of our Visitors. No-one is perfect, but do we try very hard to please.
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Whitemoors Antiques”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived at approx 10.45 to find they open at 11.00. Parked on the drive right against the hedge so we weren`t blocking anyones entry. A lady came out and shouted that we couldn`t park there and to park on the road, which is very narrow and winding (being in the countryside)so would have been dangerous to do so. Would it have hurt her to let us onto the car park for only 15mins or so until they open? Obviously they do not need the custom so will definitely not be going there again.

3 Thank Yvonne P
Whitemoors, Manager at Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
We have 3 signs outside the entrance which clearly show that we open at 11am. We do not let people in earlier as we used to suffer thefts of our attractive garden ornaments which are openly on display For Sale, and our family who live on the premises are entitled to their privacy prior to opening times. The Centre Manager arrives just before 11am, and opens then. These people arrived in convoy, parked up and blocked the entrance and then went for a walk. Our weekly fruit and veg delivery was due imminently. The readers of this will make their own mind up, but I dont see how you can criticise a business on Trip Advisor when the premises were not even open at the time?

Travellers who viewed Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens also viewed

Market Bosworth, Leicestershire
Leicester, Leicestershire

Leicestershire, England

Been to Whitemoors Antiques and Crafts Centre, Country Tea Rooms & Gardens? Share your experiences!