“Not up to the usual standard - but read on”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Nuneaton/Coventry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Nuneaton
Staines, England
“Not up to the usual standard - but read on”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked into this hotel for 7 nights and, working late every day, 'phoned up a day prior to arrival to request a quiet room. However on my first night I was allocated a tiny room on the ground floor overlooking the A444 (a very busy road) and was woken at 06:15 by a series of roaring starts from lorries and boy racers exiting the roundabout opposite! So, groggily I requested a quiet room again, packing my case and leaving it in the original room to be moved later.
Getting back to the hotel I was re-allocated a supposedly quiet room that, I was told, overlooked the rear courtyard. It was late but I should have checked!! Again I was woken at 06:15 by the traffic noise coming through the very poor double glazing and found I was opposite the same road again but just a little further down from the roundabout. I therefore opted to take my night's good sleep guarantee AND, again, asked for a quiet room.
This got results and I was immediately taken to a brand new room, three times the size of the previous 2 and blessedly quiet. Pity this didn't happen from the start and why didn't reception know that the 2nd room they'd re-allocated me to did NOT overlook the rear courtyard?
Though I've given only this establishment 2 stars IF, and only if, you can get a new room (41 onwards) it's a decent place to stay. Otherwise leave well alone: the rest is old, tired and the rooms small (the smallest I've ever come across in a Premier Inn) and NOISY.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you can get a new room - 41 onwards. The rest are small, tired and noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denbutch
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nuneaton/Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Everything was great with my planned week stay booked through work, food was great, room average. Then came the terrible part, vehicle break in theft right underneath a camera. There was no sorry, they didnt come out to look at my van, they didn't review their cctv. Theres police signs on car park so must be an ongoing problem. Still wasnt an apology when I cut my stay short by2 days because of this. The repair bill for the van was £550. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank razorhigham
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nuneaton/Coventry Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously, unfortunately car crime is a national menace. While we have safeguards in place we are unable to completely irradiate theses issue, however please be assured we are working closely with the local police to provide the best security for our guests. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked a room at the Premier Inn because George Eliot is my daughter's favorite author and the hotel is attached to George Eliot's childhood home. Because the price was so reasonable I did not expect much. What a pleasant surprise to find everything so clean and modern. Another wonderful surprise was finding a quaint pub atmosphere and the wonderful food at the restaurant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wanted to stay somewhere 'cheaper' than the hotel we were going to for a wedding. Turns out we got the better deal. Could not fault the premier inn Nuneaton, friendly staff lovely rooms. We 2. Rooms, 1 family and 1 double. Full size single bed in the family room not a sofa bed as I was expecting. Amazing breakfast! Better than the posh hotel we went to for the wedding!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Cleveland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed here just overnighting in July 2013, comfortable clean room, handy location just off the A444 we enjoyed a good breakfast before leaving . Would recommend if needing accommodation near Nuneaton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Knighton, Wales
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here for an overnight both on our way to and from a recent holiday. Truth is we only use chain hotels for convenience stays but have come to look to Premier Inn first in this category. The prices are usually quite fair in comparison and - top reason - the staff are nearly always a cut above in friendliness and helpfulness. There is clearly a strong corporate ethic towards a good and sustained welcome. The Coventry/Nuneaton Premier Inn is no exception and the staff are excellent.

A couple of other pluses at this location. 1). The restaurant is integral so no need to get wet or cold going from your room to table. With all Premier Inns whichever chain provide food service at a location (it varies) it is available all day. Obviously we are talking diner not five star cuisine but they are generally more than fine for requirements - this specific one is up to standard & the staff, again, very friendly even when busy. 2). The building is not a new-build but has been nicely modernised and extended so the grounds are substantial and some of the old out-buildings of the once farm/small manor(?) still stand so plenty of character and considerable wildlife for a location now completely surrounded by the modern world! Good safe play area if you have kids with you too I would say. The rooms are maybe a little smaller than the average, no doubt due to the age of parts of the property, but certainly adequate for short stays and are up to quality standard.

As I say - can't fault it - recommended in its class!

Room Tip: I guess rooms at the back of the hotel would be quieter. We were at the front - outlook very pleasan...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Arrived and checked in with no problems at all, very efficient. Went up to the room(through a bit of a maze) and went into the room. Now I'm pretty sure that Lenny Henry is quite a big fella, so I was quite disappointed that the room was quite small. I had to walk brushing against the wall to get to the head of the bed. The bed itself was only a standard double but with a choice of pillows to help make you comfy, it was adequate for the 1 night that we were staying. The standard of the room and its decor were good, if a little cramped. Next morning we went to the attached beefeater to have our breakfast. Mmmmmmmm, very good value for money. On the whole a very nice comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Don't expect a lot of space, unless you can book a family room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family