“Stayed at the millers hotel”
Review of Millers Hotel

Millers Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Nuneaton
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stopped at the millers hotel on 15 th November we were well greeted room was ok but there was road noise and we did ask for quiet room. We booked a table for 8-30 0rdered our meals and then we waited an hour and 15 mins before we got served. The saving grace was the young girl serving breakfast was excellent which made up for the evening of waiting

Room Tip: Not No 6 or 8
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, General Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review of the Millers. I'm glad even with the wait for your meal (for which I can only apologise) that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you visit if you book with us direct we shall ensure you get a room at the rear of the hotel.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We called in here the other day for a quick meal not knowing what was in the area and were pleased with food and service we had. The barman was nice and chatty when he had the time, which wasn't much as it was a busy night for him. The food was tasty and plenty of it and was brought to us very quickly. We would stop here again if passing through.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, General Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this great review. We're glad you enjoyed your meal and our hospitality. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch on a Tuesday lunch time. Had to wait 45 minutes for food to arrive. I had ordered a chilli jacket and although the flavour was nice and well presented, there wasn't much chilli.

I will not be eating there again if I can help it and will be telling friends to try elsewhere fist.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John W
Chris_Garnett, General Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. I'm sorry that we failed to deliver our usual standards and can assure you that the lessons to be learned from have been. I do hope that you will give us another chance to see that this was a one off and not the norm.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The restaurant here is excellent. Good selection of food, pleasant atmosphere, friendly and professional staff. The level of background music was good, nice to listen too but easy to have a conversation. We ordered the fish and chips in newspaper, a steak and ale pie and a 'golden years' plaice. The golden years menu offers slightly smaller portions for older diners. All were well cooked, piping hot and presented nicely. Only one of the party had room for pudding and he declared the jam roly-poly very nice. We would definitely visit again and may use the hotel facilities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this great review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is nicely situated amongst rural villages not far from the site of the Battle of Bosworth. It has the opportunity to be something special, however it was not. The hotel is generally well maintained, though my room looked tired. There was a party on during our visit so the hotel bar was packed. it would seem that the size of the hotel and its location means that it is regularly used for weddings and other parties. During the early hours of my stay there was a repeated disturbance from one bedroom. After the management had been called out a couple of times the offending guests were eventually given their marching orders.
Most things about this hotel were very average, nothing struck me as worthy of particular praise. Unfortunately the breakfast experience was worthy of comment, but not for the right reasons. Along with other guests we were seated at dirty tables. After about a 15 minute wait our table was eventually cleared and our order was taken. Breakfast arrived another 15 minutes later. I have never waited so long for a breakfast in a hotel. There certainly appeared to be a serious shortage of staff on duty and this was the biggest let down. This view was also expressed by the many other guests left waiting with us.

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near the bar area
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlvinTheChipmunk
Chris_Garnett, General Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise that we failed to deliver our normal high standards of service and I do hope that you will return and give us the chance to see the normal standards we deliver.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very Interesting building. A former watermill & bakery. Although on main road good location for visiting the area. Friendly and helpful staff. Properly cooked pub food and good house wine. Very good choice for breakfast. Rooms could be bigger but adequate. Walk through Sibson & churchyard worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, General Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

We're all glad that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We have some unique features here and are certainly make a visit memorable. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Making the decision to break a long journey overnight often comes down to price as the alternative - a really early start - is totally free. The Millers offered a fantastic single room B & B deal: the sort of deal that when I've booked in the past, experience has taught me to expect the worst.

However it's a well-appointed local hotel and the room was immaculate, but small (as single rooms always are). What I wasn't expecting was the staff's utter commitment to help when I pitched up at 10.30pm after a long drive from London with nothing to eat all day.

I consider myself lucky to have found Millers combining a great deal, perfect location to break my journey, and a very comfortable night.

Room Tip: I can imagine the rooms on the front could be noisy. There's a big, bright bar that looks like i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really value great feedback about my team and will pass it onto them. We look forward to welcoming you back

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuneaton
Best Western Weston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Appleby Magna
Chase Hotel
Chase Hotel
#10 of 12 in Nuneaton

Been to Millers Hotel? Share your experiences!