All reviews water wheel his team value for money twycross zoo manager mark eggs benedict bosworth battlefield bar area saturday morning lovely food daughters wedding lovely hotel breakfast menu wedding reception evening meal wedding venue be visiting again
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stay here (as do colleagues) regulalrly as an alternative to the Holiday Inn / Prem Inn. With some of the deals on two night stays it can be really cheap.
Is it perfect no, are you by a road yes, does it disturb you ... well not me (it's not that busy a road really!) The rooms are well kitted out and on the whole well maintained. The beds are good etc ...
I usually eat in the bar and the menu is a reasonable selection and so you can vary each day. Serving staff sometimes are a little "green" but the management and staff are all really friendly, even more so when you're there regularly. Chefs vary but are at worse on the better side of average, but usually good - very good.
Breakfast selection is good, though you have to ask for toast. They do Eggs Benedict so I rarely stray from that in a morning. If you want corporate nicey nicey then go to the Holiday inn/prem inn. If you want a bit of character and to be treated like an individual and not a "number" then go here. Let's be honest, if I've stayed there probably double digit times this year, then it can't be that bad.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a lot of the double rooms and they're all pretty good
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr_H_zz
Mark F, Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate all feedback & its lovely to hear comments from our regular guests! Myself and the team are pleased that you enjoy your stays with us here at The Millers & the compliment itself that you return to stay with us regularly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I checked into the Millers yesterday with 2 colleagues for a 4 night business trip. Upon finding my room directly next to the main road I immediately requested if I could be moved as I could not put up with the road traffic for 4 nights. Apparently I couldn’t be moved and yes - I was awake shortly before 4 am with the noise from the traffic. It was impossible to sleep without the window open as the room is so small and hot.
A request for grilled tomatoes on toast for breakfast consisted of 2 tomatoes that were barely heated through.
We have all cancelled our booking for the rest of the week and have sought quieter accommodation in The town!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Mark F, Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Many thanks for your review. I can only apologise that you were unhappy with your stay & left early. Due to us being fully booked the 2nd night of your stay we were unable to move you in this instance or we would have done our upmost to allocate a different room for the remainder of your stay. I do hope that you will consider staying here with us at The Millers again in future & if you would like to call in advance we can ensure a room away from the main road

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The hotel is in the countryside so not much around it which is fine. It seemed popular with locals eating there and the food was good, although I did hear people moaning about the time it took to arrive. Beer choice was fine, the room I was in was just ok, dated and twee, but everything worked well, good enough fo a 1 night work stay, nothing else.
Breakfast was ok. There was a bouncy Scottish man working there who was very energetic, either really full on by nature or dosed up on Red Bull, he was good though.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Mark F, Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I really appreciate all your comments & will be looking into making improvements. We do hope that you will back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Clean comfortable room, bed extremely comfy. Evening meal was tasty and reasonably priced.
Lovely choice at breakfast and plenty of it. I had eggs benedict which was delicious.
Cater well for families
Wouldn't hesistate to stay again when visiting family

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mark F, Manager at Millers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. Myself and the team are really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel ticked all the boxes for us - lovely location, clean room, super comfy beds, interesting features (waterwheel and old ovens) and parking.

However on arrival there was a wedding party on in the hotel. Noisy children running around the car park all evening (we had to close our windows and it was hot) and when the adults went to bed between 11pm and 12.30pm we were woken up more than once being loud in the corridors and slamming doors. I know at weddings people have a few drinks and a good time but I wouldn't have booked if I'd have known.

We didn't have evening meal in the hotel, but the included breakfast was brilliant. Lots of choice to suit everyone.

I would stay here again, but definitely call to check there is no functions on before booking!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am really pleased to see that you found the hotel comfortable & clean - I will certainly pass your comment back to the housekeeping team. I am sorry that you were disturbed in the evening, we do try our very best to advise our guests of functions within the hotel when booking direct. I do hope that you will return to stay with us again soon.