Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton
    • Room Service
    Longshoot Hotel(Nuneaton)
    Average 3/5
    Excellent 5/5
      All reviewsscrambled eggsbeansstayed herevalue for moneybuffet styleleisure parkhour barfree breakfastreception staffyogurtwhat it says on the tinthe breakfast areaan overnight stayfast foodone night stayno air conbusiness hotel
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just stayed one night at this Holiday Inn Express. Whilst the room was clean and comfortable I still wouldn't rate this hotel above a basic average. The fascilities were much as you would expect with this kind of chain hotel with identikit decor and miles of corridors. The breakfast however was terrible. The cooked option consisted of pale scrambled egg, baked beans and some particularly processed poor quality sausages. There was no bacon or any other cooked options. Everything run out at some point and although it was eventually replaced it was very slow. I skipped the cooked option and went for some croissants and fruit/yogurt but neither were high quality. All in all ok for one night but I wouldn't want to be there any longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
      gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest

I thankyou for your honest review. I would like to request off you some reccommendations perhaps on what you would have preferred during your stay to take us out of the "average class" and perhaps have made your stay more enjoyable, as we take all our guests feedback very seriously.

Unfortunately as an "Express" brand we are budget service and in line with IHG standards we can not offer any other hot items apart from the sausage, scrambled eggs and beans. I can however look into the quality of product that we are supplying and ensure that we are only offering the best of options.

I look forward to your response

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton a few days ago. It was the first time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. We have used Travelodge and Premier Inn's a lot. Feel travelodge is a bit of a lottery and premier inn a bit more expensive, so though we'd give HI express ago.

I was a little concerned with the mixed reviews on the review sites but was pleasantly surprised, on check in the gent on the front desk was very helpful and polite. Our room was directly above the entrance on the 1st Floor and we had the room next door as well (201 & 203). Our first impressions was very nice. Was clean, size was what was expected. A little small but nothing we couldn't cope with.

The bed was comfortable and there was a choice of soft or firm pillows. The sofa bed was adequate for my 9 and 7 year old to share. The bathroom was very good. The shower was very powerful with a good temperature range. There was only a limited amount of toilet roll and the soap had run out. As we passed reception we asked for some more and the lady gave us some more and was very apologetic that this hadn't been refilled during the clean.

The only negative was the room temperature. The room was very hot and as we were above the main door we couldn't leave the window open due to people smoking out the front. This wasn't the end of the world it is the middle of summer and was a warm day.

Breakfast was good, it's free/included so why complain. Ok it's not a full English but sausage, scrambled egg and beans is enough to keep you going. Along with a couple of pastries, cereals, fruit and yoghurts. If you want a full fryup the beefeater over the road does them for £8.50!

Overall I'd stay here or another Holiday Inn Express again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
      1  Thank Neil W
      gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and your comments will be taken on board.
      I am happy that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, and to hear our team were polite and helpful during your stay.

Our rooms are very important to us and we push for clean comfortable rooms but i would like to apologise that there was not enough toilet roll and the soap had ran out. This has been put forward to the housekeeping team to check thoroughly upon cleaning the rooms.

Please note for any future stays with us at Nuneaton we do offer fans for hire available from the reception just to make summer stays slightly more comfortable.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July. Rooms were really clean and our room was a good price. We were overcharged for the room and I called to query this when I noticed this and was sorted out quickly and easily. We got 2 nights for the price of 1 so only paid £55 for 2 nights so felt this was good value. Room was extremely warm on the first night, but we left our window open all day the next day, so although the second night was still slightly warm, it wasn't uncomfortable. Breakfast was adequate, but hot food was slightly cold, continental items are probably a better choice. Good location just next to a few restaurants, ciniema and bowling.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
      gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor.
      I am very glad to hear that you found your stay value for money and at a good price.
      There are some good promotion rates out there at present for two nights for the price of one and 21 day saver rates etc so it is always best to search for the best deal.
      I am happy that your room was adequate and clean. This message has been passed onto our housekeeping team.
      I do apologise for the billing mistake you mention but anything that is noticed and bought to our attention we will rectify as quickly as possible so you can you enjoy your stay.
      If you are to stay with us again in July or another hot period please note we do have a limited number of fans available from Reception for hire that can be placed in your rooms.

We hope to see you with us again

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of four for one night in July 2012, wasn't overly impressed.
      The location is good, on a park with an Odeon, bowling, pub, Frankie & bennies etc and there is plenty of parking.
      I've not stayed at a holiday inn express before, only holiday inns. I was disappointed by the room size, it was tiny. My booking said double bed & double sofa bed but the bed my two boys had to share wax not a double size, it was very small. Our bed was also a little lumpy and dipped in the middle.
      Breakfast was included but was nothing special, very limited choice and I'm not sure how fresh the cooked items were so gave that a miss.
      Overall it served a purpose in that we wanted to be reasonably close to the Ricoh stadium. However i wouldn't say it was very good value. The holiday inn rugby we had stayed at the night before was half the price and much much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2012
      gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear guest

I would like to thank you for leaving a review and for your honest opinions.
      I am very disappointed and sorry to hear that we did not "stand out" for you on this stay.

To differentiate between the Express and the Holiday Inn Brands we are a smaller, limited and more speedier hotel with the idea that you receive the same service and similar but limited products as you would at a Holiday Inn.

We are located 5 minutes from the M6 J3 with easy access to the Ricoh Arena. As pointed out there is a bowling alley, cinema and number of restaurants on the park in which we are situated.

I apologise that you feel the room was not quite big enough for your family, i would like to let you know for any future stays you may be looking at in this area that we do also offer interconnecting family rooms, which are available on the brand website and booking direct with us at the hotel. This consists of a double bedrooms with shower, tv, tea and coffee and one double bed, with an adjoining door to a twin rooms with exactly the same but two single beds, these are probably more suitable for those families with slightly older children and also gives you the opportunity to have the room closed or open.

I would like to assure you that all of our breakfast items are fresh and prepared on the same morning of breakfast. No items are reused or kept and they are constantly replenished with fresh items throughout the breakfast sitting so none of the items are left there sitting.

I would feel pleased to know that you would give us another try in the future and if so please dont hesitate to ask the team for assistance of any kind.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This Holiday Inn Express provides all that the name suggests, clean well equipped bedrooms to a substantial breakfast include in the price. On that basis you cannot go wrong staying here. Car park was overlooked by security cameras.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for your review and for your recommendation of our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor users.
      We are very happy that you were satisfied with your stay and thank you for your compliments.

We hope to see you with us again in the future.