“Regular customer VERY dissatisfied”
Review of Longshoot Hotel

Longshoot Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Nuneaton
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stay here regularly to fish competitions at mallory park and over the years we have received a warm welcome, good value food and friendly bar staff. This latest stay was somewhat different .
We arrived to find no record of our booking , the towel rail in our room had been left on and the room was so hot we just couldn't sleep, the breakfast was some of the worst food we have ever been served and the chef at the longshoot should be ashamed to be serving such filth.
The rooms have always been basic but we don't come for 5 star accommodation we come because the location is good and the staff are friendly which brings me to my final point .
There are 2 lady managers one of which is lovely ( short hair glasses ) and one ( longer blonde hair) which was so rude we will in future be taking our business elswhere and we are urging our friends to do the same.

Really very dissapointed

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Fisherman1978

Reviewed 3 July 2013

When I arrived at this hotel on a business trip with my company, from the outset, I thought it looked like a run down american style motel. Paving tiles are slightly dangerous as some are broken. Room was a good size, with a good size bed, tv and bathroom. Pillows were a little hard for me, so didn't sleep very well. There was mould on the ceiling of the bathroom which was a big put off when showering. Shower however was very powerful, I never wanted to get out! The hotel itself was attached to a very busy "two for a tenner" restaurant and bar, which was good value. Our company used the free onsite conference facilities which were good, lunch was good and tea and cofee were available all day. I felt the reception desk could of been manned a little more, we kept having to ring a buzzer to be let into reception where the breakout room also was. Reception staff also slightly cold, being from the hotel industry originally I didn't feel as though I was greeted as well as I could of been. All in all for a business trip this hotel was fab! Don't be expecting anything too modern, its just somewhere to get your head down. Overall ok stay

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

we stayed here as we were Seing Bruce Springsteen in the Ricoh arena.the room was basic but clean ,comfy bed .food in restaurant was excellent and breakfast the best we've had in a hotel for a long time cooked to perfection and loads of choice .staff very helpful and friendly .

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I booked this room as a suprise for my hubby,although we live local.its nice to add spice to a relationship to keep it fresh and alive. I requested a quite room away from Traffic noise,which we got.The room was clean,warm and comfortable.Piping hot water was amazing.Water pressure fantastic.I Loved my hot bubble bath soak as I have not had a bath for years (shower only at home). We ate at the restuarant and tried the Carvery which was very filling,I think it was around £7.49ish, you can upgrade to a larger plate for an extra £1,During the week Monday to Saturday Carvery is an amazing £4.25 which we will sample again. Back to the room....Like I say,room was clean,warm and comfortable,with amazing hot water and plenty of super white clean towels.Clean crisp white bed sheets,comfy pillows.Tea & coffee making facilities,decent size flat screen tv with free view channels. There is nothing we disliked about the room ,1st impression on walking in is that the decor was a little dated ,nothing horrendus though,just could do with a little updating but you soon forget about this once you chill out and relax. I searched various price comparison sites and Booking.com gave me a great price I could afford £29.00. . Would stay at the longshoot again.

Room Tip: Ask For a quiet room away from traffic noise,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

came for a w/end to fish room clean n tidy functional for what you need ,need more milk for drinks
and caution when using the hot water its very hot .so if you have children .breakfast exellent and staff friendly. carvery not too bad value for money. main menu could be updated as its a little bland for choices /or a theme food night .will be busy at w/ends as fishermen stay over but we are a nice bunch .would like to thank the reception staff who went out to get our papers thank you ,think newsagents missing out there he could send some for purchases.,you can only have so many for residents to read thanks for the w/end winter party r43.ps didnt know you had a pool not advertised shame in motel

Room Tip: didnt know it had a pool not advertised in motel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Longshoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear cdavid247,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you have provided, we will be passing this to our management team.

Thanks
Good Night Inns

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The longshoot is a good value hotel suited to groups of anglers and other travelling workmen. We stayed for a fishing day I bought for my husband, the room was clean and well equipped though a little tired and could do with lick of paint. The staff were great, as was the breakfast, very filling which set s up for the day. The Carvery is excellent value and was well cooked and very hot. Don't go if your expecting a fancy room, but great for what we needed. My husband is staying again next week and again in September so it must be good

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

St.Helens Ramblers Angling Club have stayed here on a number of occasions, each and every time the service has been faultless and the staff are always friendly and very happy to assist. The rooms are a good size, warm, cosy and very clean, we always get a good nights sleep. The new bar facilities are outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuneaton
Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton
Millers Hotel
#2 of 12 in Nuneaton
Best Western Weston Hall Hotel
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island

Been to Longshoot Hotel? Share your experiences!