“Good food, excellent staff”
Review of Amid Palace

Amid Palace
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Price range: US$31 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ethos: Developing, Creating, Imagining and to never stand still. Concept: The food at Amid Palace is authentic, digging into the traditional roots, exploring the rich Indian and Bangladeshi culinary history then taking it further and evolving at the same time, releasing it from the copper lined bowls onto a plate combining different techniques, regions, flavours and textures....
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The restaurant had recently changed hands and is now part of the group that owns Pretty India and Rajdhani.

The staff couldn't do enough to help, the service was first class and the food was good.

the only thing that puts me off the place is the atmosphere, or lack of it; glass topped tables and the large space inside don't do anything for m

Reviewed 5 August 2014

was taken for a birthday treat. was nice but nothing spectacular, would go again. quite good value for money to.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had our eldest son and his partner up from London to celebrate his birthday, and decided to have a family supper via a take-away for Amid Palace, even tho' I'd heard that new owners had taken over a while ago. Although the cost for 6 (£40) seemed a good deal, it can only be seen as a "Bargain" if actually the food you receive is worth the money you have handed over, in this case it certainly wasn't......a pity, Amid palace used to be the best Indian in Warwickshire let alone Nuneaton, all our meals (Bar One) was deemed to be "poor", just seemed to me to be 4 x pieces of Chicken/Lamb/Pork in a rather tasteless sauce.....surely, this cannot be an example of India Finest fayre??? Will be an awful long time before this family returns. Shame no one actually cares.

1  Thank peran1
Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was the first we went to the restaurant- and can honestly say it won't be the last.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating.
The food was amazing and the presentation was second to none...... we were spoilt for choice. It is clean , modern and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
Don't be put off from the outside- looks can be deceiving.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Over 8 years if I fancy a take away I'll order from the Amid with confidence.

However the last two orders I've had have been poor on the standards I always expected. Tonight when I pick up my order it there was a totally disorganised panic. The restaurant was hardly full and yet I was not met with the usual warmth previous staff gave.

Whilst waiting 4 minutes to collect my order, accordingly to a waitress customers had been waiting 15 minutes for drinks. The card machine did not work as someone was on the phone. I was given some receipt with little or no explanation as to why the transaction hadn't gone through. Having said that, it might have been the 5 minutes the member or staff filled up the ice bucket and used a scoop to fill the glasses with ice cubes. Then pick up slices of lemons with his fingers. I thought I hope he's not just been to the toilet?

When I got home and plated up. My tandoori chicken starter was no larger then a value brand and burnt, with on raita or salad. The main course was not as ordered it came with a vegetable sauce which I checked was plain as they collected. I will be taking it back tomorrow.

This used to be such a good, reliable and welcoming place. What a shame!