“Tasty, Friday night food”
Review of Agra Palace

Agra Palace
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Price range: US$28 - US$51
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a local well respected restaurant. For an evening out with friends, it's very pleasant. Can recommend the onion bagi as a starter, delicious crispy coating. I had a paneer based vegetarian main, which was tasty.
The slight annoyance was being told our main was ready, when we hadn't finished our starters. We said it would have to wait, but two minutes later were told again! After that we were not rushed and enjoyed the rest of the evening. The staff were not overly attentive; but service was fine. Definitely nice food for a Friday night.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We fancied a curry and saw this had been awarded prizes etc so went here to try it. The place was very quiet. The staff friendliness wasn't the best at all, they all stood around chatting to each other at the bar area. They didn't seem bothered with anything and we felt like they were mocking us because we were British by chatting behind our backs about us and other people who came in for food.

The food itself was ok. I had the tikka puri think it was the tikka was nice, the bread was different from other places but was still nice. I had the korma for main. We also had coconut rice and a keema cheese nan. The korma came on a big plate as did my partners main and we had to ask to another plate because we like to share food. Upon asking for another plate they looked surpised and when the person we asked asked another member of staff to get a couple of plates the resonse was "what do you want another plate for" or something similar. They came back a few mins later with large plates and said that some people like to share others don't. This is I think the first time that have been given the main meal on plate rather than in a metal dish etc.

The korma wasn't the best one I have had. The rice was ok and the keema cheese nan was nice but was not really much larger than a normal spoon.

The experience we had was very poor and we will not be going back to this place. We couldn't wait to get out of the place. I wouldn't recommend going here at all, there are other much better indian restaurants in Nuneaton.

2  Thank Chris D
AgraPalace, Owner at Agra Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Agra Palace and your comments were noted, although I disagree with a few points in your review.

We appreciate comments and feedback from customers whether positive or negative as this helps us to maintain standards of service and quality of food.
Your review does not state which day you visited us so I cannot pin point which members of staff were on duty but I can assure you that your review was discussed during our weekly staff meeting and staff were made aware of your points, however we strongly disagree that you and other customers that come for food are mocked because they are British, and we find this point highly offensive.

It is one thing commenting on food and service of establishments but assuming staff chatting and commenting on customers for being British is unacceptable and I can only say that it is your assumption.
Our front of house staff are British themselves and 99% of our customers are British and generally my staff are very friendly and polite and obliging with customers as highlighted within many reviews on TripAdvisor.

We respect all customers that come to Agra Palace and very much appreciate the custom that they bring to us.

You say that our cheese nan is no bigger that a spoon is very much exaggerated as our nans are a size of a small plate.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Agra Palace and I hope you reconsider and give us another try.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Awful good cold and the staff were rude avoid like the plage on the whole I wish was good but really awful

1  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Tend to get a takeaway as it's normally full but me and my partner have been eating here for years and with good reason too. Reasonable priced, good portions, friendly staff.

Recommend anyone to go here

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been here several times now and every time it is great. I have had various items off the menu and visited in big groups and we have never had any issues. The staff are very friendly and are always on hand if you need something.