The Hillmorton Manor Hotel
Brownsover Hall Hotel(Rugby)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$100
US$93
Agoda.com
US$77
Travelodge Rugby Central(Rugby)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelodge
US$55
Travelodge
US$76
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyour platesunday carveryselection of vegetablesdelicious mealbeefexcellent value for moneynight staycharacter
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My Mother passed away on Sunday & we thought that The Hillmorton Manor Hotel would be the ideal place for her wake. We have had wonderful family meals ther over the years & we believed that The Hillmorton Manor was the perfect choice.
How wrong we were! We went to see them & there was clearly no interest in our request. The television was left on loudly as we were talking & the member of staff just flicked through several pieces of paper before telling us it would be a problem. We were clearly an inconvenience & there was no understanding from her how difficult our request was for us to make in the first place.
I was absolutely shocked & furious at her attitude. I strongly advise people not to use this venue.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank annhill19
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had a really lovely mothers day carvers, food was great, loved the pudding too! All round great food! The place has been decorated too! Looking good!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I share some of the views expressed, the hotel is a little tired and dated but generally clean. No complaints about the staff - on the night I was in residence the young woman behind the bar was serving drinks and rushing to serve food, all with a smile on her face. Dinner and breakfast were first class.
Many more plus points than negatives. No hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We ventured into Hillmorton Manor not really knowing what to expect looking the reviews!!

We have to say that we had an absolutely fantastic evening. We were a party of 5 very loud ladies... the service we received was second to none and the food was outstanding. We took advantage of the steak and wine for 2. It proved to be excellent value and each and every meal and course we received were spot on.

Yep the decor may be a little tired but so what.... the service and the food was excellent,. So for us a real thumbs up and we will definately be returning.

So go ahead and treat yourselves to a lovely evening out where you'll be guaranteed of good service and food.

We could only review the restuarant as we didn't stay overnight.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BaylissGroup
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I booked a twin room at the Hillmorton Manor. I'd visited many times as a child (wedding receptions and birthday parties), so I was excited to be visiting after such a long time. I was so disappointed!

On arrival we we're given the keys to number 8 (first floor, end of a long corridor - beware the drop in floor level - some of the automatic lights came on after I'd missed the step). On entering the room I immediately noticed the grubby skirting board and dirty pipes under the radiator. There was a paperclip, loose paint and bits on the carpet. It was also frayed around the edges (easily improved by cutting off all the curly bits!). The beds were missing mattress and pillow protectors (I was told they were new beds and protectors hadn't yet been purchased), and the duvet covers were completely open ended - the open end was left to dangle over the end of bed. The curtain tie backs were missing, along with some of the tie back hooks. Instead raw plugs were visible in the wall. One curtain was sellotaped to the wall (I was told that a customer must have done this). The waste paper bin had coffee stains running down the side, as did the 'clean' coffee cups on the grubby/dusty tray. The unholstered chair was stained and the inside of desk drawer was full of dust.

I wanted to close the windows as they all overlooked the car park to the rear of the hotel. One of the handles was broken off (it was on the window sill) so it didn't completely seal. The window in the bathroom could only be closed by standing on the toilet and hoisting up the handle over the frame. All the windows and sills were dirty, especially in the bathroom with black mould and dirty glass. The toilet brush handle was lying on the floor next to its holder. The outside of the toilet base was dirty, there were hairs at the end of the bath, and the bathroom floor was also dirty - I could feel bits on my bare feet. The corners of the bathroom floor were also dusty and there were cobwebs in ceiling corners.

I complained to the young girl behind the bar. She was very helpful and offered me an alternative. Unfortunately, although they only had 3 rooms occupied, including ours, there were no other twin rooms available.

Once tucked up in bed it has hard to avoid the smell of fried food. I eventually buried my head under the duvet to avoid the smell.

Breakfast was satisfactory. Four boxed cereals, orange juice and full English on offer. We were alone at breakfast - it seemed such a shame that this lovely hotel was so empty.

After breakfast I asked the lady on duty to come and have a look at our room as I was unhappy with the cleanliness of the room. I asked if she was the manager - she was in fact the owner. She said that she normally spot checks the rooms but hadn't had chance to do this before we arrived. THIS ROOM HAD NOT BEEN SPOT CHECKED IN AT LEAST 3 MONTHS. The owner agreed that the room wasn't acceptable and said that it needed a lick of paint. I said it needed a good clean. I was offered a £15 discount on our room rate.

I've stayed in many hotels and this was by far one of the grubbiest rooms I've occupied. Yes, the room, and the rest of the hotel could benefit from a lick of paint, but first and foremost it needs a good clean. The owner said the cleaner probably ran out of steam by the time she had reached the room we had stayed in!

I would much rather have left a glowing review. Hillmorton Manor please take notice of your feedback! You have a lovely building in a pretty spot. The staff seem friendly and helpful. The accommodation however is very disappointing. Unfortunately, we won't be visiting again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 8.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family