The Hillmorton Manor Hotel
Travelocity
Travelocity
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyour platesunday carveryselection of vegetablesdelicious mealbeefexcellent value for moneynight staycharacter
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here overnight for a wedding. 5 min drive from Rugby town centre. Big off road car park. Hotel has a lovely family feel to it and my two children were made very welcome. We stayed in the family room,1 double and 2 singles with plenty of space for four. Rooms are a very decent size, spotlessly clean, but a little dated in terms of decor and furnishings. VERY skimpy towels, so bring your own!! Decor downstairs clean tidy and very welcoming with open fires, staff friendly, food excellent. Breakfast superb and lots of choice. Would definitely recommend and stay again. Lovely!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed on a Friday night in Feb,had a family funeral and asked if 1 of the 2 rooms we booked could be ready for 11.30,this was done,other room ready by 12.30.brilliant.rooms were clean and tidy,somewhat on the tired side but that's fine and f its clean.had a table booked for 20 family members later that day,had a few extra to add on and this wasn't too much trouble for the hotel,lovely meal,reasonable prices too.great service from the staff and we had a great laugh with olly and his fellow staff members,this always makes you feel more relaxed and more willing to spend money at the bar.breakfast was extra to the room rate,this was fine as we knew this before booking,on the smaller side,but was very tasty.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here in the past through necessity and have always found the cleanliness lacking however this has improved greatly and showers renewed. However went out for evening on a Saturday and returned just before 10pm to find that all the lights out and bar shut. Plus £8 over and above night rate for breakfast a bit steep considering prices locally worth stepping outside for. But overall a safe and clean hotel if new to the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business and was asked if I would like to pay on my first night. I explained that I would like to put my evening meals etc on the bill at the end. this was accepted. But on the 3rd night the owner asked if I could settle up tonight as there would not be anyone here on the morning that I was to check out (Christmas eve) Therefor no chance of breakfast that morning. I also just got the feeling that there was a lack of trust and that I would do a runner.
Not a great feeling.
On driving there is a smell of the kitchen in the bar where you check in and this smell continued upstairs in my room. It is not a pleasant smell though you get used to it after a bit of time. However each time you return it hits you. The price of the room is a couple quid dearer than a hotel down the road in Dunchurch which seems to be a much better deal.
The room was cool and I turned the radiator up but on my return it was turned down each time.
On my third night there was a group of lads not drinking or eating by the nice long fire and just using this area as a meeting point. Just felt like you were an impostor to this establishment.
The staff though were pleasant.
In conclusion I just get the feeling that this is a bar and an average restaurant that has rooms to rent on the side and definitely not a hotel. With this in mind the room price should be more like £40 to £45 pounds per night.
The room was clean and would only stay here again if I could not get in anywhere else

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce P
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Staff where very nice and friendly as made us welcome. The rooms where very cold and the shower was not very good. Hygiene was not the best and the room had a funny smell that stayed on my clothes for the rest of the day. The room location was a bit of a rat run with odd step to trip you out if you was not careful, but at least they had automatic lighting. Breakfast was an extra £7 and very small and the service was very slow, had to fetch a member of staff twice to get extra coffee and order breakfast. But on the whole for one night i could cope with all this..

Room Tip: Rabbit Warren springs to mind as i said only good for one night,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends