“excellent lunch, service,presentation and quality”
Review of The Rugby Hotel

The Rugby Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 23 March 2013

just been for lunch and have to say the menu although small is exactly what you get, for example homemade burger was that and presented to tempt the tates buds. The bangers and mash was fantastic with onion gravy and proper mash potato, the home made chips were also home made not cheap frozen ones. Presentation was as good as the taste and the place itself has a nice atmosphere with both tables and chairs and comfy sofa'a and very nice, friendly, polite staff. Checked out the evening menu whilst I was there and would say this is small but sounds really good and if the quality is as good as the lunch menu I would advise giving this a go. I will be going back with hubby and family to give both a try again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Better than what I expected it.
Lovely reception and nice new room (at least mine) and excellent service.
Free WiFi was a plus bonus.
friendly and polite service
Breakfast was good
Worth to visit
Thanks!

Room Tip: hotel rooms are very comfortable with all the necessary services.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This used to be the Three Horseshoes Hotel but has now been renamed. It is better than it used to be but could be better still. The room I stayed in had been refurbished (as most have) and was clean, but unexciting. Small double bed, the smallest, most unexciting shower room I have ever been in and the wardrobes were missing door handles. It was also quite noisy, but I did sleep with the window open. Breakfast was particularly depressing, mass produced bread next to a toaster and some rather dreary cereals/ yoghurts laid out. Given that breakfast tends to be the last experience before leaving a hotel, I'm always surprised at how often it is given so little thought. Given the location I probably will stay there again, though it's not an experience I will particularly look forward to.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've only been to the restaurant but Trip Advisor won't let me review it as just a restaurant. The food and service were very good, and the bar area is good for lunch as well.

I started with the chicken liver parfait and then had a steak which was very good. I would recommend this hotel restaurant for a quiet meal of an evening.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Baldipaul
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The first impression of the rugby hotel is excellent, wooden floors, lots of wood paneling, log fires, a very welcoming reception and bar area. from a work point of view, the free wifi in the rooms was a very good service. However, the rooms (I was travelling with a colleague who had a seperate room) were quite cold and my bathroom was freezing as there was no seperate heater in there. I would try this hotel again in the summer, but not again in the winter.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Having arrived a little later than planned, although we phoned ahead to notify we would, this caused a headache for the kitchen as our party of 13 found that most of the food had disappeared from the menu! We were offered a free drink or two and we were finally served food which to be fair was OK. Rooms at the back were cold, even though the heating was on in the front side, thankfully we were given an electric heater to warm the room up. Room was clean and bed comfy. Breakfast was help yourself and tasty, there was a delay in food being served as maybe they weren't used to being full? Toaster, well could have been out of Faulty Towers really, frozen bread took ages to toast and needed 2 go's to get done. All in all, far better than a low cost hotel, but not a 4 * plus type experience. I was lead to believe the hotel was under new management and this was 'bedding in' during our stay so things should improve and become better organised. Staff very supportive and understanding, a large party of parents and children attending a rugby festival I am sure brings its own sets of challenges!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Beautiful hotel, felt very warm and cosy. The lobby is just gorgeous.
Very convenient and great value
Very nice newly refurbished room just what we needed.
The staff couldn’t be more helpful, they were all very nice and with a smile all the time which is nice to see. Made me feel very welcome
We had dinner at the restaurant. We had steak, their speciality and was perfectly cooked and everything was very well presented.
Breakfast was super!!
Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple