“Adequate but very noisy”
Review of The Rugby Hotel

The Rugby Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Firstly was charged for breakfast which I was sure I was included. This was very disappointing: cold scrambled eggs for breakfast (it was 8am).
I didn't sleep well as you can hear everything including the man sighing in the room next door, but also every creak when someone walks.
Finally, while there is wifi and it worked fine in the main area, it didn't reach my room.
So overall, for the money (£69), it wasn't quite what I expected...
On the positive it's very central!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I booked The Rugby Hotel for a celebratory dinner for fellow volunteers with the LIFE charity shop in Rugby. We were given our own dining room which was beautifully set up for the occasion, crisp white table linen, sparkling glasses and silverware etc. The meal was really well received by all and the compliments flowed!. Iva, Filipa and Liz were excellent hostesses and made sure every guest was happy. I would be more than happy to book The Rugby Hotel for any occasion - big or small! The staff are friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
A big thank you for a great evening - well done too to chef!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Unexpectedly stayed here on a Saturday night & selected this hotel purely out of convenience. We were walk-in customers & charged £70 for the night. The decorum is very tired & old fashioned in places & really would benefit from the help of Hotel Inspector, Alex Polizzi! However, to it's credit, it's as clean. We were allocated room 103 which sits above the main entrance to the hotel & unfortunately is bang opposite Lloyds Bar which was playing boom boom boom music until 3am which didn't provide for a settled, comfortable nights sleep at all & we feel we should have been warned about this prior to taking our money & reservation. Of course post 3am we were then subjected to the various sounds associated to throwing out time of any disco-bar/nightclub; shouting, screaming, fights, bottles rattling, police sirens & vomiting; all of which again kept us awake throughout the night. In addition, we experienced additional disruption after the disco-bar/nightclub closed from the flag pole which was mounted to the wall outside our bedroom window; this was because it creaked & rattled all night & seriously needs an application of WD40! All in all, most definitely wouldn't stay again and/or recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Navilluso
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, few little things could do with updating and a couple areas looked a little tired.

My room was a single and was ok, the bathroom was very small. I'm a slim built man and I could only just shower myself in the shower! Bedroom size for a single was good.

The bar area was a little tired, but the employees friendliness made up for this.

Breakfast was self serve and was good.

Overall nice place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked the Warwick Room in the Rugby Hotel for a meal for 28 people to celebrate my 60th birthday. The room was perfect and well presented, lovely food served very efficiently and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Thank you to everyone at the Rugby Hotel and I can recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good meal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I liked it ! The receptionist is so kind, the room is tidy and warm. If you have a long day , you can refresh and sleep in a good enviroment. There are lot of possibilities in the near .
Very good, I can recommend to everyone :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Was struggling to find a room last minute in the Rugby area - found this hotel on the web. It is located on a pedestrian High Street, so I had to park in the 24 hour ASDA behind the hotel (was a short walk). I arrived late after a long journey - the staff were very welcoming. It was a work trip and I had paid more for a room with a work area and I also requested a bath. I had to carry my suitcase up quite a few stairs (there was an offer of help, but it was quite light) - no lift. When I entered the room (on a cold Feb night), the cold air hit me immediately (a window had been left open!!). The radiator was freezing - I saw that there was a heater, that was plugged in - but absolutely no heat was coming from it. I rang down and they kindly brought me up a new heater......I'm sure this broke all sorts of H&S regs?! The TV was tiny and the "workspace" was about 60cm by 60cm and all the space was taken up with the kettle and Info book! I did get the requested Bath, but the Bathroom was so cold I didn't bother. Lots of drinks available and biscuits. Shower not very powerful in am and very cold. The staff were so nice - I did get money off when I politely told the truth when asked how my stay was. No time for breakfast - downstairs looked lovely - very modern. Not a great trip if I'm honest, but the brilliant customer service made up for the cold!! Bed was comfy and room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business