“Excellent as always”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Hadnt been for a long time but it was excellent as before. Great food friendly staff . The apple ice cream was fab! A hidden gem of rugby.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

the restaurant gets better every time one goes , food is very good , one is made most welcome. best to book at the weekends.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I visited La Margherita with my partner for dinner in March 2014. Despite what the Italian name might suggest, the cuisine from La Margherita takes in the the area around the Mediterranean, offering a broad choice of meals from tagine to pasta to steaks, which is very welcome. When we arrived (9pm on a Friday), the restuarant was surprisingly quiet, though I have seen it busier. We were served promptly and with courtesy. Portions were generous - indeed, my partner's steak was really rather large and she was unable to finish it. I had the tagine, which was warming and hearty: though the lamb could perhaps have been a little more tender, that is a relatively minor quibble. The price of the meal was entirely reasonable. I enjoyed myself and will no doubt return.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Went here with a group of friends. Warm welcome from staff and very prompt service for a drink which was very reasonable compared to other pubs and restaurants. Fabulous choice of both starters and mains. I had the falafel dish which was packed full of vegetables and beautifully seasoned. I also had a glass of very good house red wine to go with it. Three friends had the lamb tagine and they really enjoyed that and there was masses of lamb in each dish. I didn't have space for a pudding but those who did were very pleased with them. My coffee was also excellent.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Visited this restaurant as a couple on a Friday evening. Didn't book but they were able to find us a table despite appearing quite busy as we arrived. Prompt and polite service although wouldn't harm to be a little more smiley. Food really good and no complaints.