“food disappointing”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Bell and Barge Harvester in Rugby food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

lady serving in bar was very helpful and pleasant. Waitress not really interested. Salmon I ordered was excellent but vegetables were over cooked and tasteless. Salad bar ok but could be more choice. Loved the way calorie content of puddings were shown on menu, stopped me having one and spoiling my diet. Wouldnt eat here again

1  Thank ziggyFermanagh
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Bell & Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I did try and avoid eating at Harvester on this occasion as have been disappointed with the Coventry branches. Service was really slow, had to ask a few times for the waitress to come and see us but the food was really quite nice and this branch actually hadn't run out of everything I wanted :-)

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

One place I will not be returning to. Neither would I recommend. Staff were unnecessarily rude to my nephew. Extremely slow in delivering the meal, and when a formal complaint was sent in regarding the attitude of a staff member in particular the manager had a very 'couldn't care less' attitude.
Not impressed on any level. Fortunately they don't have the monopoly on dining and there are plenty of alternative options nearby.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This Harvester restaurant is particularly popular on Sunday evening. Service can be a hectic sprint rather than a relaxing stroll. Because we arrived late without a booking we naturally had to wait for a free table to be vacant. We were given a pager to notify us when a table was available (Good Idea!). This gave us enough time for a drink & a proper look at the menu in the bar area. However, the majority of the bar tables were sadly unclean, food & spilt drink stained the tables. I had to ask the bar lady for a damp cloth to clean down my own table. Looking around you could see a similar untidy mess. Still, things got better once a restaurant table was available. We were shown to our table by a friendly waitress & she took our drink order. The main food we ordered arrived promptly & was serve hot. The Salad bar was fairly well supplied for the late sitting, but not overally stocked. Certain salad dishes had run short & some were empty. What was served was fresh & very edible. The waitresses were all very polite & hard working. I've marked this restaurant down to average, mainly because of the initial bar mess & the missing fresh salad bar food & the slight error in the waitresses order towards one of our served meals. On the whole the meal was pretty good. If you don't mind fast non fancy food, this is your place.

1  Thank Paul T
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Bell & Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very friendly staff. Wine and beers at reasonable prices. Food very good and value for money.
The only complaint was the time waiting for our meal after our order taken (46 minutes) when the restaurant wasn't even half full.
I don't blame the waitresses they were rushed off their feet when restaurant started to fill up. Could do with more staff.
At the beginning of the site you say (and I copy) Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout.
Breakfast is not served.

1  Thank splotto
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Bell & Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014