“Always excellent”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2013

As a regular I am always impressed with the standard of food and the personalised service, it's always excellent on both counts

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Recently moved to Rugby, so finding a new curry house was clearly on our priority list.

We had walked past a few curry houses on Albert Street and Railway Terrace on the basis that we would eat somewhere closer to the centre of town and only stopped at the Romna because we were tired of walking!

It was pleasantly busy even though it was early evening. However it is quite small so it fills up quite quickly.

Food was class, particularly the kids chicken biriani. They certainly didn't scrimp on small portions or trying to bulk out the dish with veg. It was bursting with chicken.

We took a punt and had a couple of the chefs specials. Never seen these previously at other restaurants (and can't remember what we had!) but we were both happy and there were no complaints.

Prices are very reasonable compared to our previous 'local'.

I agree on the grubby carpets which does bring the place down. Only other gripe was our table was by the front door, and whenever the door opened we got a waft of freezing March night air, but now that we know that we will sit elsewhere in the future.

Overall no complaints and very happy....We will obviously have to explore other curry houses (surely you have to play the field a little bit before settling down), but the Romna has set the bar very high.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Visited the place with my family and have to say the service, value and amazing quality of food didn't disappoint me. Tried some items and everything was cooked to perfection. Staff are wonderful and polite, will defiantly make it a regular with the family.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Been here a couple of times or so now and the food has been first class. The staff are attentive, but some are obviously 'drinks waiters' and others are 'food waiters', which made us laugh when we dined there recently! :) The flooring could do with a good clean and a bit of audible background music definitely wouldn't go amiss. A great place to eat, though and - so far / touch wood - the best indian I've tried in Rugby! Highly recommended and worthy of the 'very good' rating I've given it. They cater for my vegan partner without any fuss, too! :)

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Decided to get a takeaway from here due to its high ranking & wish I'd stuck to my usual choice of Cinamon Lounge in Dunchurch!!
Had Pavida Garlic Chicken Tikka to start, which was plentiful but totally tasteless, followed by a House Special Biryani which also tasted bland. Won't be eating from here again!!

3  Thank Leedsaway67