“Good food decent price”

Ranked #155 of 207 Restaurants in Rugby
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We always eat here when on holiday and my family who live locally use regularly highly recommended for all meals including breakfast.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Do not go here for a fine dining experience, this is a family pub that does what it says. Specials on food most nights, and good value for money. We occasionally go on Wednesdays for curry night when you get curry, rice, poppadom, naan bread, dips and a drink for around £5. OK, the curries aren't as good as a genuine curry house, but they are very nice. The Korma is lovely and I tried the Jal-Crazy jalfrezi last week, which lived up to it's name and came very close to blowing my hat off! I'm a total chilli freak and this was the hottest I've had in a while.

I decided on a dessert of apple waffle with flapjack crumble and cream, unusual for me to have a dessert but I was trying to get the feeling back in my mouth! It was gorgeous.

The staff are quick, efficient and friendly (and there's lots of them around), food arrived promptly and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

We've been a dozen times over the past year or so and never been disappointed.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly my partner tried to order a sizzling combo to which they had no steak and wouldn't offer an alternative, We then order 2 steak & ribs.
As there was 11 of us the meals were being brought out randomly which was fine but 3 meals were brought out that we hadn't order. 40 .mins later are meals were still not out, I chased them up to be told they had got our order wrong and our ribs were been cooked.
About 10 mins later the food came out but one of the steaks was rare when both were meant to be medium well.
I took the steak back and requested a refund as it had been an hour late. The next meal came out with frozen ribs. After no check backs I took my food back up to the bar.
I was given a refund for my meal only and told my food would be recooked I told them not to bother as my family were ready to leave I was offered a cake to take home.
I was offered to choose a cake I wanted and told it would be boxed and bought out to me.
The next waitress bought out some cheesecake in cling film. The waitress apologised as there were no boxes. As it wasn't even the cake I asked for I told the waitress to forget the cake. I was fuming with the service & quality of food. The whole experience was dreadful. Even though the staff were apologetic there was not good service no checks back etc.
We will not be visiting again.

2  Thank LCfountain
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Saturday lunch visit with Mrs C, my cousin Caroline and her hubby Tony, now Mrs C being a veggie means I don't eat much fish or meat on our boat, so when we go out I do like to have something that used to have a face (apologies to the squeamish), so went to order cod and chips to be told by an indifferent bar staff, weve run out of fish, so I settled for scampi, which was good but not enough of it, Mrs C had cheese and potato pie pronounced very good, and other two had something off the specials board, some sort of casserole, Ive forgotten exactly what, they said it tasted good, but it looked a bit of a small portion to me, maybe Im just greedy, or do I believe in getting value for money.
Nice enough place, staff appeared very rushed, nice pint of Abbott tho

2  Thank lincolnhatter
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Sat here now hungry as sunday roast is a plate of slops potatoes hard veg tasteless as are yorkshires abd vegetarian tart came out with a chunk missing when I queried this was told that is a portion size so I replied what a chunk cut out and the gormless girl just stood there! If you want to go toa hungry horse go to mount pleasant in Coventry excellent food and staff! Going home now to get something to eat!

2  Thank Tracykevin