“What on earth is going on?”
Review of The Old Royal Oak

The Old Royal Oak
Ranked #154 of 206 Restaurants in Rugby
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited here with my family and will never return. This used to be a nice place to go but something has changed. The atmosphere is awful, when eating my food I do not want to hear staff being shouted and barked at, my food was cold and to top it off when asked how I complain I was informed that the supervisor (some very aggressive middle aged women with no people skills) would not issue me with a way to complain, hence me compliant on here. Please avoid if you are taking family, in fact avoid full stop.

6  Thank GilesMoseling

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Went here yesterday for my daughters 2nd birthday with 18 guests. Food was good service was great and were more than happy to do a birthday cake and sort out balloons etc to make it extra special. Massive thanks to the staff. A*

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I would not visit this place again have visited once with boyfriend and have had ok service but on visiting a second time it was awful. Waited ages for food and it came out horrible. Then after talking to my boyfriend got a sundae which I was then faced with eating with a teaspoon not easy. How can a restranunt run out of sundae spoons if you do wash them.
Ridiculous will not be visiting again

3  Thank Verney9
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub for my Sunday lunch with the girlfriend to be surprised on how empty it was very few costumers just the average unemployed having there kids menu but saying that the kids menu looked more edible than the other food they were bringing out to be presented with a 15 min wait to even place my order of food as the staff were too busy talking to each other after placing my order I then had an extra 45 min wait for food what come out the chips were cold and the steak was full of gristle I'm not the kind of person to leave steak but that was beyond a joke so then the girlfriend decided she wanted ice cream so I go and order it and then placed with another half hour wait just for a sundae what come out with a tea spoon very messy they didn't even have a sundae spoon it would advise not to attend this pub I'd go spend your money else where

4  Thank Johnathan R
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Popped in for a meal and the food was shocking. Jacket potato and bbq beans were cold, ribs were dry and had no flavour. Food was replaced quickly although my partner had already finished and still wasn't any good.

3  Thank Seniorrr