“Soo relaxing!”

Brownsover Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I booked a night for my partners 24th Birthday under a packaged deal they do room, 3 course meal, presecco, chocolates and breakfast included. Everything was top standard. The ladies at reception at check in and out were so helpful and friendly and the look and feel of the hotel was breathtaking. Staff at the restaurant in the evening did seem a little unfocused and untrained but very friendly. We will most certainly be going back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter c
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

thanks so much for your comments. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

stayed at the hotel from fri 8th june til 10th june, first impressions was very spooky and very big.
staff very well mannered and took care of everything for you. food very good but a bit fancy for my liking. beer i thought was expensive but when your at a wedding you splash out lol. i would reccomend this hotel to anyone for buisness or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for your comments and I am delighted you enjoyed the weekend, welcome back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had our wedding at Brownsover yesterday and it's a testimony to the team there that I am writing this review the following day, ahead of opening cards and gifts. Why? Because I cannot recommend Brownsover enough to anyone who is considering the venue for a wedding.

Dozens of our guests commented on how delighted they were with their rooms, the food, the service and how happy to help the staff were. Everything ran to perfection and this is largely down to our master of ceremonies, Sandro who is not only one of the nicest guys you will ever meet but also incredible at his job. Nothing was too much effort for him and he has his staff in excellent order. Brownsover are very lucky to have Sandro on their team, the number of people who commented on his contribution to the day was unbelievable.

One note of recommendation to the hotel would be to prioritise the bride and grooms parents with their room allocations as both ended up in small rooms at far flung ends of the hotel. 'less important' guests had huge rooms in much more convenient locations. This however didn't detract too much from the weekend, so it's 5 stars for Brownsover.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 813Duzza
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are delighted you enjoyed your special day.
We take on board your comments and will always strive to serve your interest in the best possible way. Welcome back in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here on business for 1 night. Price was very similar to a Travel lodge but was ten times better. The evening meal was excellent, I had Sardines for starter and the Salmon for main, both were Very tasty. The service was a little erratic but the food more than made up for it. The morning breakfast had everything and you could pick and chose from continental to full english or a bit of both. They also made special orders.

The room I had (no. 32) was large and had a big Flat screen TV with good free wi-fi. My only issue was the shower wasn't very powerfull and I had to have a bath. The shower holder also slipped down the rail.

Overall a very good hotel. Some maintenance required in the room

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. We will sort out the maintenance issues as highlighted.
Welcome back on your next visit to Rugby. We now have the WineGlass summer menu, with more seasonal and regional Specialities.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

This mid nineteenth century Gothic pile is just hundreds of yards from a Premier Inn but far superior. I was apprehensive having paid an advance rate then reading reviews but I was not disappointed. My room was compact but clean and modern in the main building. The building itself is interesting with some grand public rooms and an interesting history and I suspect the higher priced bedrooms bigger and better agin. I had a meal in the bar one night which was good quality but most combinations of two courses on the restaurant/bar menu pushed my works budget too far, can't fault the meal though. Breakfast is a little chaotic. On both mornings I was ushered to a table by well meaniing staff but then asked to order breakfast before I actually sat down and saw the menu! Just a slight training issue. The food was quite good but could have been hotter and faster served. One caveat - the locks - on certainly my bedroom door was poor quality, however nobody should leave unsupervised valuables in hotel rooms. Overall: Great for the £62 room only I paid, I would certainly be back midweek, I would say it's a bit small to stay if there is a wedding on.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your comments and delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The staff are sometimes a little over eager to avoid waiting time at breakfast and your comments are a reminder to slow down. The doors in question are due to be changed with electornic locks to make the guest stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for making us aware and rest assured these issues arel being dealt with.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Popped in at the last minute for Sunday lunch yesterday...always forget that the hotel does Sunday lunches! It was really good value at about £15 for 2 courses and a little more for 3. Beautiful setting, the most attentitive friendly staff - and delicious fresh food. We have a wedding to attend next month and even though we live only a few miles away, I booked up a stable room as a nice surprize for hubby :) thanks to Darcy and I think it was the restaurant manager (can't remember name, sorry), for wonderful service! Receptionist who took my booking today was also very very efficient and friendly!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Rachelxox
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you very much for yout comments which I will gladly pass on to Darcy. I am delighted you enjoyed Sunday lunch with us, we often have Jazz on Sundays, next time June 10th with Lady Ella. All that Jazz to take your mind off everthing else!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for one night for a weekend break as a last minute thing, When we arrived we were given the bridal suite which was unexpected as we booked a executive suite but not complaining. The room was spacious with breathtaking views and lots of character.
Overall great hotel, friendly staff and a hotel with history and character. We will be booking again in room 18(the haunted tower room!!!!!!)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for your comments and of course delighted your stay with us was enjoyable. The Tower does have some history with a previous occupant, who by all accounts has a mischevous character. Nobody has ever died at Brownsover Hall so all our spirits are very friendly and coexist in harmony with each other and us of course!
Welcome back

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
Dunchurch Park
Travelodge Rugby Central
The Rugby Hotel
The Rugby Hotel
#11 of 13 in Rugby

Been to Brownsover Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!