Brownsover Hall Hotel
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsstable blockcoach housebeautiful hotelwineglass restaurantmain buildingold stableslovely roomlots of characterlovely groundsfood was lovelyevening mealwedding breakfastwedding partybusiness tripfollowing morningfrom start to finishwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Set in lovely grounds our room was in the main building which we found clean and very comfortable the house was steeped in character and features we had a lovely evening meal & breakfast in the drawing room, service was very good and lovely presented food on Saturday night.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sue O
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I spent one night here & enjoyed the stay. The room was quite large and clean. The bed was comfortable and, because there were no wedding receptions I suspect, the room was quiet & I slept well. I suppose my main criticism was that the overall feel was a little bit tired, but the reception staff were friendly so I felt that helps to overlook the detail!

Room Tip: My room (12) was on a corridor between two doors & I feel that this could be noisy if a lot of people were passing. However, it was a nice airy room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us. A hotel like ours does need constant maintenance and we do our best to keep abreast of necessary renovations., whilst at the same time, to retain the charm and character of the Grade 11 listed property. Rest assured ,we have a rolling programme and there is planned refurbishment in the pipeline.
welcome back and I am sure you will see a difference.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I only spent one night here. Excellent room and quality service. The main building has fantastic character and feels like a hotel should. Service was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food choice was good and food quality and service excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of Brownsover Hall and your kind comments on the quality of the food and service. You are very welcome on any occasion in the future when you are in the Rugby area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for a wedding and had a lovely weekend. The building is beautiful with nice grounds - many lovely photo opportunities inside and outside. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful. There are two separate buildings with bedrooms - the coach house and the stables. Stairs to upstairs rooms in stables were quite narrow and steep and my nan struggled a bit to get upstairs so if you travel with elderly people make sure you book a room downstairs. The food was excellent and portion were generous. Breakfast was lovely, too.
The hotel might need some TLC here and there, but overall, we had a lovely time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed you stay with us.
Brownsover Hall is a venue for a variety of occasions as well as a place for general relaxation.
welcome back anytime, when your travels bring you to the Rugby area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here for a friends wedding with my husband. We found the grounds stunning and the hotel itself just beautiful. The staff were friendly. The rooms were basic (we stayed in the outbuilding) and the food was lovely. The only downside being that a ceramic light fitting fell from the ceiling in the room and fell on my head!! They are not light in the slightest! A week later and the bruise seems to be going.... I did complain and the staff on reception were very apologetic. My overall verdict = very pleased but maintenance is a must and clearly it's not kept on top of as much as it should be.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank yo very much for your review. I am very sorry one of the light fittings in the bathroom became loose and dislodged whilst you were underneath. I do hope it did not cause undue distress. I have had the offending light socket repaired and can assure you this will not reoccur.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.