“Perfect”

Brownsover Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed and attended a wedding here and it was the most perfect day!

From start to finish you couldn't fault it! The foods was delicious, the bar was always staffed!

It's a beautiful building in beautiful settings! The rooms are large and have a very different feel tho the popular hotel chains!

I couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: September 2013
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

thank you so much for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
welcome back in the future for business or pleasure

There are newer reviews for Brownsover Hall Hotel

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We booked Sunday lunch after a poignant church visit to remember the fallen during the war and was expecting a lovely Sunday lunch, considering the price!
On arrival staff were putting up Christmas Decs (on a Sunday lunch time, really. Couldn't this have been done on a Monday morning?). We felt in the way.
Starter - soup was tepid but passable, main meal was cold. No waitresses in the dining area so had to take plate to find staff ... huddled around the bar area, giggling! Took meal away and we were still waiting for sauces. My partner had almost finished hers when the sauce arrived. Just not good enough! Crumbs on the table not cleared away, the little things matter. Massive apologies from the Duty Manager but the damage had been done, my mum who has Parkinsons, was very upset at this stage!
One meal refunded but not the point, the day was spoilt, mum was very upset and we were made to feel as though we were an inconvenience! We will not be returning!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chrissie_Woo

thank you very much for your comments and apologies that the staff was less attentive than normal, on this occasion. In all fairness, work on Christmas decorations was not done in the WineGlass restaurant where you were eating lunch. It may seem strange from your perspective, but the timing was optimal as far as operational issues, staffing, and to minimise the effect on our guests. They were erected so early to please wedding guests the following weekend. We try to be attentive and senstive to your wishes and I believe the Duty Manager addressed your concerns and those of your family on the day.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our stay at Brownsover Hall was meant to be a treat at the beginning of a long awaited holiday back home in the UK. We were aware that this was a wedding venue but thought a Sunday night booking would be safe and we'd booked a meal in the restaurant. On arrival we found the Reception area untidy with brochures strewn over the floor.... Unfortunately there were two other functions on that evening - so we had our meal in the back up venue ... a sad shabby room with frayed hotel catering style seating... chair covers could have helped improve this.... Food had fallen off a plate onto the floor (a scallop)and we watched the waiter and waitress walk around it at least ten times and eventually had to ask them to clear the mess up. The food was ok but my husband had to use the facilities during the meal... he didn't return and his plate was cleared away... The handle had fallen off the inside of the toilet door and he'd had to wait until someone else came in. That evening a buffet was laid out in the communal areas of the hotel - a bit strange for normal guests.
Our room was in the old stables, large, clean and comfortable. Until we were woken by guests setting off the fire alarm by smoking in their room... Followed by a long dispute with management in the courtyard below. The next morning we were relieved to leave... but did have a very nice breakfast. I'd only recommend staying in this Hotel if you are at a function or if there are not other functions booked. The building is beautiful and grounds are lovely - but it was a memorable stay for all the wrong reasons.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hmf5863
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your review following a stay at Brownsover Hall. I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay and that your expectations were not met on this occasion. We are a popular wedding and function venue and Saturday is probably the most requested day of the week. Many people like the buzz of a busy hotel: I understand this was not for you on this occasion. We do advise our guests as far as it is possible of the likelihood of weddings and functions taking place. Also another reason to accommodate you in the Stables block away from the busle of the main house. Unfortunately there are irresponsible people who smoke in their bedrooms against all warnings not to do so. The Fire alarm is there for your safety and protection, however I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We do offer special rates during the week and maybe something to consider the next time you visit the UK.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Decided to go to to the advertised firework 17:00 till 21:00 show, paid £10 per person entrance!!!! expecting stalls as advertised,none, bonfire was lit at 17:15 done by 17:45. Spent 25 minutes waiting to be served in the bar by single stressed barman while outside were staff selling mulled wine to no customers. Fireworks done by 17:45, good display but very short. A lot of very very unhappy people left at 18:00. Wonderful venue. Will not be going again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricky434
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. I respect your point of view and we will review certain operational issues if we ever are going to repeat the event next year.

This was the third year in succession we hosted the event and judging by the attendance, this year, was by far the most successful with over 300 people attending. I will point out it is a charity event and by its very nature, that means several people giving up their free time and voluntarily assisting in the organisation. We raised over £1,000 for the Air Ambulance. In addition the fireworks themselves are extremely expensive.

I agree that we were somewhat overwhelmed with numbers, as only 100 tickets were sold in advance with the vast majority sold on the day.

We invited a number of contractors to the event, for reasons unknown they didn't show, which meant there was a shortage of stalls for donuts, toffee apples etc. This is regrettable and I am very sorry for this.

I accept that you cannot please all people all of the time, however I do think the vast majority of people attending, enjoyed the event. I am sorry you didn't, however trust you accept the main purpose of the event was charitable so consequently the need to compromise to reduce unnecessary expenditure.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Set in lovely grounds our room was in the main building which we found clean and very comfortable the house was steeped in character and features we had a lovely evening meal & breakfast in the drawing room, service was very good and lovely presented food on Saturday night.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sue O

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I spent one night here & enjoyed the stay. The room was quite large and clean. The bed was comfortable and, because there were no wedding receptions I suspect, the room was quiet & I slept well. I suppose my main criticism was that the overall feel was a little bit tired, but the reception staff were friendly so I felt that helps to overlook the detail!

Room Tip: My room (12) was on a corridor between two doors & I feel that this could be noisy if a lot of p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us. A hotel like ours does need constant maintenance and we do our best to keep abreast of necessary renovations., whilst at the same time, to retain the charm and character of the Grade 11 listed property. Rest assured ,we have a rolling programme and there is planned refurbishment in the pipeline.
welcome back and I am sure you will see a difference.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I only spent one night here. Excellent room and quality service. The main building has fantastic character and feels like a hotel should. Service was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. The food choice was good and food quality and service excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of Brownsover Hall and your kind comments on the quality of the food and service. You are very welcome on any occasion in the future when you are in the Rugby area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
Coombe Abbey Hotel
The Carlton Hotel
The Carlton Hotel
#8 of 13 in Rugby
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Been to Brownsover Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!