“Super food, friendly staff”

Exotica Bengal Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 200 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode CV21 4NU
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been coming to this restaurant in Rugby for a couple of years. Lovely local homey feel to it. The staff are super friendly and the food is very, very tasty. Very attentive staff, without being too much. We also love the complimentary drinks at the end. They are also lovely with kids too if you take them.

Can't wait to go again!

3  Thank Ciara K
There are newer reviews for Exotica Bengal Cuisine

Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time for me in this restaurant. It was recommended to us from a friend so off we went. We had a table reserved. The place is small but cosy and we were warmly welcomed.
The staff were very polite and were helpful with the menus as there is a lot of dishes on there unique to Exotica.
Poppadoms & chutneys were very nice, Starter was very nice and the Naga main was gorgeous. The rice was very nice. This is a very nice restaurant but not the best one that I have been to in Rugby, however, the naan bread is the best naan bread that I have ever tasted in the whole world.
My Mrs is one of them Veggies and is very picky when ordering food, she is always concerned about meat contamination etc, She thoroughly enjoyed her meal and she would go again as I would too.
The bill was less than I thought it would be. The beer was good
I am still on my mission to find the best Indian in Rugby as I have only lived here for two years.so I am still a long way off reaching my target.
Thank you Exotica, we will meet again.

3  Thank Si W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just about the best value Indian restaurant around. The food is brilliant and the menu has a wide variety at a cost for all pockets. Friday nights and Saturdays can be busy, but what would you expect from a first class Indian. Take aways are just as good and make a saving.

2  Thank ashbyeagle
Reviewed 15 May 2014

On a boating holiday and had a few beers up the road in a couple of uninspiring pubs, wasn't expecting much but very pleasantly surprised. Superb food, great service and Cobra on draft

2  Thank APJ1964
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Recommended by friends, but unfortunately we did not have a good experience.
We ordered drinks, and of the 5 ordered, only 3 came. After 10 minutes when we realised they had forgotten 2, we asked again, and 1 came. It took a further request to get all 5.
It took 30 minutes to get our food order taken, we then waited over 1.5 hours to get our food! In the meantime take-aways were flying out the door. The phone was constantly ringing for take-aways and soon became obvious to us that these were given priority over those seated in the restaurant.
When we got our bill, I went to pay and challenged the standard of service we had received. The staff were full of excusses, but didn't feel they owed us an apology. They defended their prioritising of take-aways saying that was their main business.
We even considered ordering a take-away by phone at our table to see which came first!!!
I would avoid the restaurant, but take-aways seem to be OK.

1  Thank RobHart2014