“Excellent friendly service”

Dining options: Reservations
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Welcoming and friendly staff, efficient service and very reasonably priced. Lunchtime specials excellent value. Ok, other reviews complain everything comes with peas, yes it does but what do you expect for the money? Its very nicely decorated, staff friendly, polite and efficient, is very clean and staff very attentive.

I had gammon, pineapple, chips, peas and salad, hubby had sausages, mash, peas, onion gravy, large soft drink and pint of beer... and change out of £13!

Excellent

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank leisure_traveller35

Northampton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Rugby”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I absolutely love The Griffin, ever since it has been taken on by new owners its fantastic!
We went for my Dad's 65th as he loved it there, the staff are so attentive and they're always willing to have a laugh with you and recommend dishes they think are good.
The atmosphere is lovely, unlike previous restaurants we have been to where there has been a lot of us we weren't forgotten about and pushed to one side, the staff made sure we were on top with our drinks and kept checking if the food was to our taste.
Lovely staff and great food, I love coming here with my friends and family, definitely a restaurant I always recommend to my friends and I havn't heard anyone say anything bad about their experience there yet.
The food is also very good value for money, the lunch menu is really good and you get big portions for reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“A good pub”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This place has service second to none, the waitresses are so good, very attentive. The puddings are delicious, really scrummy. I had a beef burger, which really was a sorry sight. The bun is toasted perfectly (which is good) but the burger is a kind of type only to be found in a chip-shop. It's very cash and carry flavour. I would prefer them to get better quality, and jazz-up the burger a bit, it needs onions, relish, gherkins. Maybe a grilled tomato would brighten it up.
A restaurant needs to get the basics right, and they don't come more basic than a beef burger.

• Visited January 2014
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
“a fantastic night had by all”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

me and a group of 17 have just enjoyed a great meal there the staff were so kind and helpfully the food was great and plenty of it and the price was very resonable the staff cated for all dietry needs to ensure knowone was leftout which was great i would recomend this place to anyone

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Everything with peas!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very bland cottage pie - just mince and peas. Mash needed more time to give a bit of colour. Nearly all meals served with chips and peas. Food at The Green Man far exceeded standard of this. This is our second visit and is now our last. On previous visit asked for more veg and got some carrots! Not for us.

Visited January 2014