“Good beer, Poor service and Ghastly Food.”

The Lawrence Sheriff
Ranked #74 of 208 Restaurants in Rugby
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have used The Lawrence Sheriff on and off for a while. This establishment has a good selection of drinks at reasonable prices. However, this is where the positives end I'm afraid. The service at the bar is slow-where one can wait an age to be served, even when they are quiet! Frequently the staff seem unaware who to serve next and often serve the nearest person. I have witnessed several people complaining about the service. Another minor irritant is that they ask for payment before pouring your drink. The staff are mainly school-leavers or students who are generally polite but seem poorly managed by the non-existent senior manager/manageress.
The food again, is reasonably priced but of poor quality and seems to be re-heated or heated from frozen. I had 'Chicken Balti' on Curry Thursday which arrived in reasonable time consisted of a burnt poppadom, dry rice and a SINGLE piece of chicken instead of being diced. I guess you get what you pay for.
I have given-up visiting this establishment.

1  Thank TheBrain1066

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Always get good beer in here but the food can be a little hit and miss. We both had steak but I've had better. Previously had breakfast which was poor so wasn't expecting great things. We only had a meal here as the place we planned to go to was closed on the night we went out.
We ordered a pudding as well but was left waiting for it, only to find out that it should have been provided from the bar and not the kitchen so not that well organised.

1  Thank loony767
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This pub had lovely olden world theme. The food was excellent although it did take a while to served. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Wait time was a little longer than the norm that I have experienced at Wetherspoons bar but food arrived hot and filled a gap, without breaking the bank on the money.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

You know what you're getting. It's probably fried. It'll have chips with it. And be bland. The waffles are good apparantly.

But it's cheap.

If you have an unadventurous palate and can accept dull food, then it's for you,