“Brilliant Night Out - Amazing Food”
Review of On the Rocks

On the Rocks
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to On the rocks at Quigleys, a new, informal and welcoming setting where you can enjoy a unique dining experience! Our menu offers simple sharing starters, indulgent desserts (freshly made by Ourselves) and of course the unique On the rocks main event! Here at On the rocks, you make your selection of the freshest cuts of meat, which is presented to your table on your own volcanic 'Hot Rock'! This lets you cook the ingredients exactly to your own taste and the simplicity of the freshest, locally sourced meat, cooked to your liking makes the food incredibly tasty.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arranged a work night out one Friday night to try On The Rocks @ Quigleys and we were not disappointed! The steak was amazing, so tender and full of flavour. The home made desserts were also very very good. I cannot fault the Malteaser Cheesecake I had :-) I would seriously recommend people trying this place I will be returning soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Went to On The Rock at Quigleys Saturday night with friends. Was not sure what to expect when reading that you cook your own steak. Well this was an absolute fantastic meal. Fillet steak cooked by myself, to my liking. The meat was so tender and full of flavour., served with salad and chips. The dessert of orange cheesecake was to,die for. Excellent and friendly service. Will definayely be going back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and tried, with some scepticism On The Rocks at Quigleys as to be honest, we've eaten everywhere else in Rugby and remain distinctly unimpressed by what it has to offer. 'Til now, because Quigley's didn't let us down - the fact that you can only dine by booking in advance gave me a little confidence. An absolutely lovely atmosphere upstairs from the pub, we were greeted by (I assume the Manager) who was very welcoming and friendly. We sat in the corner on a small table for two on our own by the window. The entire restaurant probably seats 30 max, with a little bar area, a perspex bit to see into the pub below, big mirrors, a chalkboard with the menu and a chandelier. Thats it really, it was a bit like having dinner in one of your best friend's dining rooms - cute, eclectic, shabby chic and warm.

For the starter we had the breads, lovely - mezzo board was too much for us two. The wine list is a wine bottle with the label on the front showing the reds, the label on the back showing rose's and whites. Not a huge selection, but perfect for the meal. The bar has a couple of beers and bitters on draught, and there are a few optics for the shorts.

Steak - excellent!! A big hunk of whatever cut you've chosen arrives raw, and sizzling on your hot stone, ready for you to slice bits off to 'cook', then eat as you go, or leave on your salad plate to rest, and eat once cool enough. Served with a leafy side salad with dressing, and what seem to be twice fried chips in a little basket - you can 'double up' on the steak, we saw a chap behind with two different cuts so he'd paid extra, but trust me, one is enough, particularly if you plan to leave room for dessert.

Which brings me to the Maltester cheesecake. Put it this way, there was enough on the plate for 3 people, and the while we should have given up after eating half of it, it was too lovely to leave so we left completely stuffed, but very happy with the food, wine, value and ambience.

We will DEFINITELY be visiting again, and we will bring our friends next time as we generally leave it to each other to try and test a restaurant between us before telling the others it was rubbish. Thankfully, not this time. Keep up the good work, this is exactly what Rugby has been crying out for.

1  Thank TheRahmanator
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We went as a party of 5, 2 of which had been before and rave about this place. Our food was gorgeous, the staff were fab and fit in with the style of the place-casual and relaxed. Was a hen party in which were a bit noisy but it didn't cause a problem because everybody was having a nice time. Reasonably priced and gorgeous food, can't wait to be back!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited Quigleys for the second time last weekend and am already planning my next trip! For excellent food, service and value I couldn't recommend this place more.

We were taken to Quigleys initially by some friends and had no idea what to expect, We walked in to find a friendly traditional Irish pub so we had a quick drink before dinner.We then went upstairs to the restaurant, I was expecting it to look similar to downstairs and offer traditional pub food but how wrong was I!

The restaurant is beautiful, shabby chic with white tables and chairs, a gorgeous chandelier and a cosy fireplace. It's small and intimate, seating around 28 or so. The menu is written on a large chalk board over the fireplace.

To start there's a choice of sharing boards, either a bread board which comes with four different oils to dip, or a mezze board, which comes with bread, olives, hummous, chorizo and a selection of cured meats. The selection of breads that both starters come with is fresh and delicious and the hummous is fab!

The meat is supplied by a local butcher and on both visits I've had the fillet steak which was huge! The steaks come out on a heated lava stone so you can cook it to your own liking and I loved the surprise of this! On the side you get a fresh salad, chips and three sauces, peppercorn, garlic butter and chimmichuri. The steaks really are among some of the best I have tasted (and believe me I have tasted a few!)

Despite being stuffed we also sampled the homemade deserts, it would have been rude not to! On our first visit I had the chocolate brownie and also sampled the orange cheesecake and honeycomb cheesecake. My second visit I had the raspberry cheesecake and tried the white chocolate and ginger cheesecake, both were gorgeous.

The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced, starters, mains, deserts, a bottle of wine and other drinks for four came to around £140. The service is friendly and efficient too.

If you like good Guinness and live music don't forget to visit the pub downstairs after your meal.

3  Thank Romany08