“Best Keema Naan Ever and Brilliant Service”

Curry Club Rugby Indian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 208 Restaurants in Rugby
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Curry Club 3 course special Sundays to Thursday £9.95 Any Starter / Any Main Course and Rice or Nan Friday and Saturday £ 11.95 exclusions apply please note that this offer is not in conjunction with any other offerAvailable for large parties birthdays
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate at this restaurant last weekend and as always the food was exceptional and competitively priced.

In short between the 2 of us we had 4 pints of cobra, some poppadoms and dips, 2 onion bhaji starters, 2 mains, chips and a Keema naan and his came to just over £40.

The lamb and chicken within the curries was very nice and tender and the Keema naan is hands down the best I've ever had anywhere.

The staff at this restaurant are always extremely polite and friendly; having achieved the right balance of friendliness and professionalism and this coupled with the food makes for a great meal be it as a couple or as a group of friends.

4  Thank sunstyle

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food here is extremely good and the staff are absolutely charming, the only place we eat when in Rugby!

3  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My girlfriend & I booked a table in advance at this Indian restaurant based on the reviews on this website, expecting something really special. On arrival we were both welcomed by friendly staff & quickly shown to our table at the rear of the restaurant away from the busy crowd by ourselves (literally). The restaurant is average in appearance with nothing to distinguish itself from any other standard Indian we've been to in the past. The staffs were very attentive & friendly, however when the food arrived on a trolley to our table the waiter couldn't distinguish which curry was which from the other, even though one was lamb & one was chicken. We were served each other’s main order & told to ascertain which ones belonged to the other ! The rice was also served by the waiter by him covering his hand clasped closely over the top of the bowl instead of under within easy touching distance of the rice itself, which isn't pleasant to see in a high class restaurant.
The moderately hot food served was then left on the table unheated as you helped yourself to it from the bowls on the table; but became cold very quickly because the main plates were stone cold (No, we didn't order a salad). As I was with my girlfriend, I was slightly embarrassed not to openly complain for fear of spoiling both our romantic meal. The curry my girlfriend ordered was asked prior to be made especially milder. Despite this request, it arrived very hot & spicy. Sadly she left the majority of her curry uneaten. We both left the meal & restaurant unhappy about poor experience. We love eating out normally, but felt let down on this occasion.

5  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went on a friend's birthday. Wow what a restaurant, all the dishes were delicious. Friendly and welcoming staff. Great to see a variety of fish dishes. recommend and will go again

4  Thank StuartUCCC
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Tonight we took my 90 year young mum out for a curry. The staff helped us in with her wheelchair and made us feel very welcome. The variety on the menu impressed us. We really enjoyed the fish starters. The menu was refreshingly different with lots of fish choices and even lamb shanks. Naan bread was also delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great and helped along by the very personable staff. I will recommend the restaurant to my Rugby friends and look forward to my doggy bag for breakfast and a return meal in the very near future.

7  Thank RosieAntwerp