“Hospitality appalling” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grill Restaurant at The Rugby Hotel

The Grill Restaurant at The Rugby Hotel
Ranked #123 of 185 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Hospitality appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went to this hotel only for dinner on my daughters first birthday which was a Tuesday evening. The welcoming was unfriendly and were informed that they might not be able to serve us as it was busy (there were 5 people in the restaurant and only 3 of us) after checking with the chef we were informed that they could not serve us despite the fact I had a one year old in her pram and it was terrible weather outside I was not impressed at the service and have never been turned away from a restaurant because it was too busy with 5 people!! I will not recommend here to anyone especially families. Disgraceful hospitality and attitude!!

2 Thank mynameistallula

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Purchased a groupon voucher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The food was very good but there could be a better choice as if you are not a great meat lover you are limited for options. The surroundings are very cosy with open fire in the bar area and the staff very friendly.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rugby, United Kingdom
“bad management / christmas dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

this was the first Christmas dinner my partner and I went out to instead of having it at home, we were looking forward to going out. when we arrived we were greed by no one from the of set we could see that they were under staffed and when you could get someone they were rushed off there feet, it made us feel uncomfortable.
the food was average not Christmas dinner standard, they only accounted for one bread roll per person which was odd I was not aloud another one!
over all it was just bad management. I never write reviews I always give the place a chance to speak for themselves if I have a complaint but after emailing over 5 times I have heard nothing which shows again bad management!

2 Thank saraemily01
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service, nothing stocked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I recently went to this hotel for a meal. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. We were the first in the restaurant yet waited a terribly long time for our meal, half way through our meal a party of four came in - there was no cider, no mash potato, not enough crab for one order, the wrong starters were bought out, the waiter was too busy moaning about the chef, didn't know the soup even when asked twice and generally the place was very understaffed even for the few people who filtered in while we were there! Wouldn't go back!

1 Thank cakes90
“Groupon deal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We visited the Rugby Hotel for the second time for lunch last Saturday (the first visit was not a Groupon deal). We wondered if perhaps we may have been unlucky the first time. The deal was a burger with side and drink for two for £13, you would think we couldn't go wrong! Ah but yes, it all went horribly wrong - AGAIN! The building/restaurant is nice enough and we are local so would use the place regularly if only they could sort out the service - which is abysmal! We were firstly given the wrong menu for the deal, OK that's not too terrible, we realized this and collected the correct one from reception. We then had to search for a waitress to take our order having waited for 15 minutes. We then waited THIRTY FIVE minutes for our food to arrive! We were the only people in the restaurant for the first fifteen minutes, and the people who arrived after us were served before us! A shambles yet again. There are serveral staff members around but none of them seem to have a specifc duty. We will not give them another chance. What a shame, when the food evntually arrived, it was fine.

2 Thank DenrBlott