“found its feet”

Price range: US$37 - US$51
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ferguson's is a contemporary warehouse conversion, set in the heart of Rugby's town centre. The brasserie style restaurant offers modern British and European cuisine with an emphasis on quality seasonal produce. The beautiful walled garden offers a retreat from the busy town centre during the summer months.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

we visited Fergusons very soon after it first opened and it was very disappointing. We ate there again a couple of weeks ago and the restaurant had really found its feet,. the food was interesting and well presented and cooked and the service excellent. I have always found the room modern light and relaxed. a really good evening.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This night was one of the best I have ever been to, the menu was easy to understand and the price suited the menus perfectly. The staff were officiant to ,there were no mistakes with our order. And after a lovely meal the chef David came out for a friendly chat!

1  Thank Leah B
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our second visit and found that the food was cooked and presented to the same excellent standard. We will be encouraging friends to visit the restaurant and we'll certainly be going back. We recommend it.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have eaten here twice now and both times have enjoyed the food, atmosphere, service etc...

Service has been good, attentive but unobtrusive, friendly, always with a smile. Now the food is just lovely. We do like our meals out and do choose good restaurants. For me I wasn't disappointed. Really enjoyed every course from presentation through to taste.

There have been minor issues on both visits i.e. no Parmesan on Italian night, on another visit there were 4 of us and we ordered a bottle of wine. When we asked for a second bottle it turned out we had been given the last one already. We would have preferred to have known it was the last one so we could have chosen something else and stuck with the same. As I said minor issues but easily could have been avoided.

Would I go again, yes definitely and I would and have recommended to others :-)

2  Thank loula_blue
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Family night out to Fergusons
The is a real shortage of fine dining in this location and this is a welcome addition to Rugby .
The fixed priced menu is easy to read and easy to choose from with little to challenge the more adventurous diner but lots to comfort the more traditional customer.
Waiting staff were a little raw and sometimes hard to make eye contact with, but the restaurant was full and on a Tuesday that's a good thing.
The slice of Parma ham as an amuse Bouche actually did make me smile but I guess that's the point hmmmmm.
Pea soup was a solid choice lifted by the addition of a poached egg yolk. My ravioli of prawn and scallops was a little too al dente unfortunately.
Good steaks cooked as requested, a great duck breast and the fish was lovely.

The wine list was steady with good safe choices,
Desserts are well worth leaving space for, a highlight for us and recommended waiting for the brûlée .
So, a good night out, steady well produced food possibly hampered by having to make a living from the fixed price menu restricting more challenging delights.
Rugby needs more of this kind of place and then start to create a more competitive atmosphere to encourage chefs to up their game.
Recommended.