The Grosvenor Hotel
US$83
US$128
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Rugby Central(Rugby)(Great Value!)
US$63
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
US$80
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfusion restaurantclean towelsfrom australiathree course mealgreat showerroom was spaciousrailway stationplenty of parkingone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Yes the reception is very modern and boutique looking nothing like the pictures on some of the websites. Luckily when I turned the corner I was greeted by new carpet and bright walkways. I take it the refurb has continued.
A few of us had singles but were upgraded to a double on arrival and my room was large and ensuite seemed as though it had been recently fitted, still a few finishing touches. Staff were very attentive and accommodating throughout our stay. The only downside was they didn’t have many twin rooms but were given doubles.
Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order no cold buffet style, also at dinner the chilli chicken to start was amazing and stir fry was perfect. I believe we all as a group had a great time and were very well looked after.
Location was perfect, very peaceful yet in town centre, we were able to walk to most the sights and the Jules concert at rugby school, major saving for us on travel as a group.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank JASON88London
Reviewed 23 June 2009

When I entered the reception area with my son we thought looks ok, but having checked in and turned the corner to climb the stairs to the first floor we changed our minds, old thread bare carpets that looked as if they had come from somewhere else, because it had odd bits of different carpet badly fitted right through the upper floors.
The rooms were dingy, second hand fifties furniture throughout, the ancient TV would not change channels, kettle would not heat up, shower was held together with electrical tape, and when you turned the hot water tap no hot water.
Shall I go on, no it would take too long.
Give the place a miss, we would have but we were there for the British Grand Prix so accommodation was scarce within twenty five miles.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cambo2910
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I was supposed to stay for 2 nights, but checked out after one night. This hotel badly needs a facelift. My room didn't have a working bathroom light and no window, and was just a bit shabby with a 12" portable telly with no remote control. The bar was dim and there was no-one in there, and the same receptionist came and served me at the bar. The stairs are very steep up to the rooms, and there is a bit of a dingy smell about the place. I could hear the guy next door yacking on his mobile until about 1am and could then hear him snoring! Wouldn't stay again if you paid me!!

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank EBrewerYork
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed for 1 night whilst visiting relatives. We chose this hotel for the central location. While walking to our dingy room we were not impressed, there were loads of stains on the carpets in the corridors, I was quite ready to walk straight back out, our room was in need of alot of T,L.C, damp on the walls, peeling wallpaper, old carpet, rickety furniture & a tiny portable t.v. It was only 1 night though so we thought we'd grin & bear it. The bathroom was clean enough with a good shower (the decor made it look dingy though, it was a deep mauve colour). We were out that evening so luckily did not have to spend much time in our room. On the upside the bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in, the bedding was crisp, very clean & fresh smelling, as were the towels. Breakfast was really nice and piping hot - the restaraunt is very nice in contrast to the room we stayed in. Its as if the owners have invested time & money into bringing the restaraunt / function room up to scatch & have not yet got round to the rooms & corridors ect. When we were about to check out we commented that had we been quoted B&B prices (e.g £20 ish per person) it would be more in line with the standard of accomodation - We got quoted £80 for the room, however when checking out we were told we had been wrongly quoted - which in fairness they did not have to admit ! The price we were charged was £55 for the room making the experience a little easier to swallow.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank lil-miss-sunshine
Reviewed 25 August 2007

Stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel with my husband and was very happy with the service. The lady at reception was very efficient and couldnt do enough for us!. I spoke to the owner and he told me that he had been running the hotel since Christmas this year and was constantly making improvements. Formally the Hotel decor was very out dated (70's) and he was working on making it more contemporary , this was obviously taking time but you can already see the change. The room we had was up to date and very spacious ... We had both our evening meals in the Restaurant and the food was lovely - tweeked to our taste! Overall I was very happy with my stay and would describe this hotel staff as friendly and helpful. I have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple