“Not bad at all”

and 1 more site!
Diamond House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Rugby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Stay here every year for a fishing club AGM / drinkathon. It's not the ritz, but it does the job and the breakfast fills a hole in the morning. Rooms are a bit tired but they're clean and the kettle works. If you need somewhere to just dump your stuff and sleep then it's a good place.

Room Tip: Car park round the back is logically more secure, though we've not had any problems out the fron...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at very short notice and I admit our first impressions were that the hotel is in need of some TLC and modernising. The owner was very friendly and welcoming and our room was spacious and warm. The furniture was a bit mismatched but plenty of room for your belongings and above all the room and bathroom were clean. Good to have wifi and breakfast included. This has the potential to be a great hotel but does need a lot of investment and I suspect these things take time when you are not a big chain.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4 which is a family room (one double, two singles)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Unfortunately we booked in here to attend a funeral. The room was cold, damp and musty smelling, we turned the radiator, which helped get rid of the musty smell. I went to breakfast once in our 2 day stay, it was like being at a half way house.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 10ogara
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I had the misfortune of staying here for a
Couple of weeks as my boss is tighter than cramp and wouldn't put us anywhere decent.

Cleanliness and the decor in general is atrocious, I had a shared toilet that housed the vacuum cleaner and I left a peanut I found on the floor on top of it and it was still there 2 weeks later! I had a room in the loft with just a sky light, a single bed with a rubber mattress that was still wet ( I assume from the previous occupants sweat as the room was ridiculously hot)

I returned one evening with a Tesco bag and the owner couldn't understand my refusal to let him look inside it to check I wasn't bringing food in!

You know what, I could go on and on but I am not going to waste anymore of my life on or in this place!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank dashriprok
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have stayed at Diamond House on a few occassions now. It has always been a great pleasure to see owner's friendly face and enjoy his great full english.
Rooms are cosy with flat screens (good choice of channels incl. Dave). Beds are comfy and rooms are cleaned and beds made every day. Hotel has nice surroundings, especially around the back (private parking too).
Good deals are to be made directly with the owner over the phone.
The hotel is approx. 10 mins walk from all the restaurants and nightlife in town.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ewa Marcin M
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just a warning for people who care a lot about such things: the decor is a bit tired and worn-out. However, I did smell paint in parts of the hotel (not in our room), so maybe they are in the process of doing it up.

More of a B&B than a hotel. Free wi-fi. Breakfast was not bad. (Vegetarian cooked breakfast was just the usual one minus the meat --- not a big problem for us, but some people might expect substitutions.)

Very spacious family room, with enough furniture to unpack things. Conveniently located near the town centre.

Room Tip: Family room for 3 is very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very nice place to stay in Rugby. It does not have that "corporate" touch of chain hotels (which will charge you a bit more, too). Very attentive service from the owner, who couldn't be nicer to acommodate my needs - I had had to check-in quite and early and left late the following day.
Clean, comfy bedrooms, with nice ensuite facilities, and the things you'd expect: kettle, tee, coffee, tv with freeview, hairdryer, etc.
Great cooked breakfast (included in the price, as opposite to some other hotels I stayed at in Rugby), and a nice - conservatory style - sitting area outside the dinning room.
All in all, I do recommend this hotel for a stay in Rugby, if you're on business or a leisure traveller. Free wi-fi is an additional bonus.

Room Tip: Bedrooms overlooking the back are very very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business