“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #4 of 204 Restaurants in Rugby
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bacco Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have just read some of the poorer reviews for this bar, and I was quite surprised. We are regular visitors to Rugby, we live in Essex and my partner has relatives in Rugby. We have eaten and had drinks in Rugby on a good number of weekends. We hadn't been to Bacco before so decided tor give it a try.
We ate early in the evening on the Saturday night, so obviously avoided the busiest part of the night crowds. I could not fault the food, and neither could my partner. We both had burgers (different ones), and the only minor fault I could find was the miniscule slice of Chorizo in mine. Either put a decent chunk in or leave it out folks. If I can't taste it then it shouldn't be on the plate. But, that said, that was my only (and very minor) complaint. The drinks are no dearer than any other decent bar, and cheaper than most in the same type of establishment in the south of the country. The staff were efficient and polite.
Because we had enjoyed the food, and the service and the atmosphere, we also decided to try breakfast in here the following day. Again, no complaints. Good value for money, plenty of food and cooked properly. Personally, I would prefer a sausage as opposed to a pattie, but that's a matter of personal choice. We will certainly return the next time we visit Rugby, and I hope we find the same level of quality and service.

Bacco l, Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the support we always try and bring a slim to all our customers!

cheers,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Came across this place by chance, whilst searching for good places to eat in Rugby. Love the concept and the space is beautiful, but the food was very bad.
Had the lamb kofta panini. Could hardly taste any flavour, just blend dry 'meat' loaded with the bitter tasting slaw, which was also served on the side. The filling was also very thin. The presentation was good, it was a real shame the taste didn't match up.
I would definitely come back for a coffee or late drinks, and also to try the lovely cakes on display by the counter.

Thanks Lalapoo

Cheers for taking the time to write this ,I’m very sorry on this occasion the food wasn't to your liking . We do offer lots of other taste treats here, burgers ,tapas and puds

Hope you could give us another try some day? If you’d like to chat more about it please drop us a call on 01788 567668 or we could give you a ring or we could give you a ring

Regards

GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First to e in this new restaurant bar, was very impressed with the food, presentation was very good and it tasted delicioousy. The service was friendly, it did take a little while for our food to arrive but there were seven of us. Would definitely go again.

We really like to have comments like this makes all our hard work worth it.

heers

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Decided to try bacco for breakfast on a Sunday morning, my boyfriend and I both ordered the lounge breakfast. The portions were very small and the toast came without butter!!
It was like every item had been given an unnecessary twist of some sort the sausage was a patty that had that many herbs stuffed in it it tasted like stuffing! The spoonful of beans came in their very own pot and whatever the hash browns had been cooked in it made them taste very bitter, was really looking forward to having a nice relaxing place to go and eat but unfortunately I shall not be returning, you can get a better, cheaper breakfast at wetherspoons and that's saying something!

GemmaLoungers, Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi,K1myo

Thank you for taking the time to write ,It saddens me to here this,we take all feed back very seriously.We try to provide excellent service ,quality food and a relaxing place to stay , huge apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Id like to follow this up ,so if you would like to email at bacco@thelounges.co.uk or phone on 01788567688 or could ring you?

Thanks,

GM

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

After hearing good things about the bacco lounge me and hubby decided to visit. First impressions were good feeling a good fibe and atmosphere, ordered food and drinks at till and felt staff to be frosty and miserable. When our food arrived it looked well presented but very disappointed. We ordered hero burgers which were badly burnt, a member of staff did not check if our meals were on so we called someone over. We were offered free drinks or deserts, we ordered desserts which were no better. On paying we were not asked if we had enjoyed our meals or evening, no friendly smile! Generally a very disapointing evening and would not return.

1  Thank sassi-jayne
GemmaLoungers, General Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Good Morning sassi-jayne

Thank you for taking to time to let us know your feelings, I’m upset that you feel the staff members were frosty and miserable.We pride ourself s on staff being warm and welcoming, we employ based on character, not on a tick-list of jobs qualifications, as we can show someone how to make a coffee, but hospitality is something natural which is nurtured by Loungers as a company.

Please do either give me a call at Bacco Lounge on 01788 567688 or please email me a contact number for you and I will gladly give you a call at your convenience. bacco@thelounges.co.uk

Apologies once again,