“Good and not so good food which took far too long to arrive...”
Review of Bacco Lounge

Bacco Lounge
Ranked #5 of 193 Restaurants in Rugby
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bacco Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good and not so good food which took far too long to arrive...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Before an excellent version of “Fame” in Rugby Theatre, we decided to have a meal before the show and ended up at the strangely named Bacco Lounge. An interesting building on two floors with an eclectic collection of furniture and an intentionally distressed look in places – especially the staircase. The barman was rather offhand and grumbled when I asked for fewer ice cubes in the tonics and Cokes. My friends wanted a glass of fizzy drink and not a glass of frozen water with a small amount of added fizz. The meals were adequate but took half an hour to arrive when the place wasn’t particularly busy which meant that having had a coffee myself, it was drunk long before the meal was probably being prepared. My wife had “egg & bacon stack” which is good value and tasty with fluffy bread and good quality bacon, the rest of us had “pan-fried chicken breast” with rocket and Parmesan salad, hand-cut chips and lemon aioli. For £10.50 it was felt that the chicken breast was rather mean and the salad was almost a garnish. The chips weren’t too numerous either. It was all so ordinary. Despite the lack of food on the chicken dish we might call again as this café bar is a very worthy attempt to bring a beautiful building back to life. If the staff shows more keenness and the meals don’t take so long next time we’d like to try again. We’ll see…

Bacco l, Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi there Traveller

Thanks for you honest review and taking the time to write one.
I'm sorry your last visit wasn't prefect, We try to provide the best customer service that we can and by the sounds of it you did not receive it on this occasion,im very disappointed about that and will look into it.
I am glad you enjoy Rugby Theatre i went to see fame to.

Hope to see you back so we can prove to you that were always worth a visit when you're in rugby

Cheers

Woodham Ferrers, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have just read some of the poorer reviews for this bar, and I was quite surprised. We are regular visitors to Rugby, we live in Essex and my partner has relatives in Rugby. We have eaten and had drinks in Rugby on a good number of weekends. We hadn't been to Bacco before so decided tor give it a try.
We ate early in the evening on the Saturday night, so obviously avoided the busiest part of the night crowds. I could not fault the food, and neither could my partner. We both had burgers (different ones), and the only minor fault I could find was the miniscule slice of Chorizo in mine. Either put a decent chunk in or leave it out folks. If I can't taste it then it shouldn't be on the plate. But, that said, that was my only (and very minor) complaint. The drinks are no dearer than any other decent bar, and cheaper than most in the same type of establishment in the south of the country. The staff were efficient and polite.
Because we had enjoyed the food, and the service and the atmosphere, we also decided to try breakfast in here the following day. Again, no complaints. Good value for money, plenty of food and cooked properly. Personally, I would prefer a sausage as opposed to a pattie, but that's a matter of personal choice. We will certainly return the next time we visit Rugby, and I hope we find the same level of quality and service.

• Visited August 2014
Thanks Steve

Thanks for the support we always try and bring a slim to all our customers!

cheers,

Coventry
“Lovely concept but terrible food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Came across this place by chance, whilst searching for good places to eat in Rugby. Love the concept and the space is beautiful, but the food was very bad.
Had the lamb kofta panini. Could hardly taste any flavour, just blend dry 'meat' loaded with the bitter tasting slaw, which was also served on the side. The filling was also very thin. The presentation was good, it was a real shame the taste didn't match up.
I would definitely come back for a coffee or late drinks, and also to try the lovely cakes on display by the counter.

Thanks Lalapoo

Cheers for taking the time to write this ,I’m very sorry on this occasion the food wasn't to your liking . We do offer lots of other taste treats here, burgers ,tapas and puds

Hope you could give us another try some day? If you’d like to chat more about it please drop us a call on 01788 567668 or we could give you a ring or we could give you a ring

Regards

Rugby, United Kingdom
“lovely meal, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First to e in this new restaurant bar, was very impressed with the food, presentation was very good and it tasted delicioousy. The service was friendly, it did take a little while for our food to arrive but there were seven of us. Would definitely go again.

Bacco l, Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

We really like to have comments like this makes all our hard work worth it.

heers

Rugby
“Breakfast!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Decided to try bacco for breakfast on a Sunday morning, my boyfriend and I both ordered the lounge breakfast. The portions were very small and the toast came without butter!!
It was like every item had been given an unnecessary twist of some sort the sausage was a patty that had that many herbs stuffed in it it tasted like stuffing! The spoonful of beans came in their very own pot and whatever the hash browns had been cooked in it made them taste very bitter, was really looking forward to having a nice relaxing place to go and eat but unfortunately I shall not be returning, you can get a better, cheaper breakfast at wetherspoons and that's saying something!

GemmaLoungers, Manager at Bacco Lounge, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi,K1myo

Thank you for taking the time to write ,It saddens me to here this,we take all feed back very seriously.We try to provide excellent service ,quality food and a relaxing place to stay , huge apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Id like to follow this up ,so if you would like to email at bacco@thelounges.co.uk or phone on 01788567688 or could ring you?

Thanks,