“Really interesting place to eat with a grest atmosphere”
Review of Summersault - CLOSED

Summersault
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Summersault is a unique and atmospheric restaurant and coffee house where everything is cooked in house using organic, meat free ingredients to produce real food and drink; Summersault's excellent reputation for good food has been developed since 1989.
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really interesting place to eat with a grest atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely food and loads to look at. The Jazz evening was really relaxed and a fun time. The waitresses were a little slow and clearing the plates away before your next course didn't seem to be a priority. That said I will certainly revisit for the fabulous decor and delicious food

• Visited May 2014

birmingham
“Nice find.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I set Google maps to direct us to the french cafe next door, however, Summersault seemed more inviting to my family and I. We loved the shabby chic, bric-a-brack decor and the way the cafe invites you in to discover the extra seating deeper within. The atmosphere was relaxed and we took a seat. At first the menu seemed a little limited, but I am sick of the same old rubbish for lunch anyway! Their selection of salads and generously filled flans were enough to satisfy us with a healthier than usual lunch.

The food is lovingly prepared in house fresh every day. They didn't tell me this, I deduced it. The salads were great, the flan was a pinch of salt off perfection, coffee is excellent and we left just enough room for dessert. Again a wonderful selection of generously proportioned gateauxs, cookies and puddings. All delicious.

I think most places I visit leave me cold. The catering industry lacks a sense of "hospitality". Summersault, however, have not forgotten how to make their customers feel.. welcome. The cakes were cut with the precision of an Irish auntie, you certainly won't need a second helping! I noticed an apple pie cooling on the back bar. It looked just like the ones from "tom and jerry". I would much rather eat that pie than anything a Michelin chef could come up with. This is cooking which comes from the heart, not the head and as such, it satisfies the soul and not just your stomach.

Well done Summersault!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank doogooder
Warwick, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for lunch”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

had lunch today at Summersault with my daughter. Interesting and creative vegetarian dishes of the day and a brilliant range of salads to choose from. Lovely puddings: my daughter had white chocolate cheesecake and I had an enormous wedge of chocolate fudge cake. Both delicious! Lovely Art Deco surroundings and even the toilets are beautifully decorated. Will definitely go there again.

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am a regular at Summersaults, during the day for coffee, lunch, sometimes for dinner at night with some of their jazz evenings. The food is excellent but of course is vegetarian and very filling which is a plus for me although I am not personally a vegetarian. Like the place which is quite quirky. You can sit and have a coffee and cake and read a magazine or paper (provided by the restaurant) and nobody bothers you. Love the jazz evenings, great food, great entertainment. During the day the food is got from the counter, but in the evening you have part of your meal brought to the table, partly you go to the counter and pick what you would like. The only downside is that is it quite pricey although you do get value for money.

Wareham, United Kingdom
“lovely meals and organic beer”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

beautiful flans and salads relaxing atmosphere great service would recommend to anyone anytime will go there again soon in the future