“Great night out.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Four of us went to the Maharajah to celebrate my birthday. The staff were very friendly as always. The service was good without being rushed. The food was excellent. The ambience was just right with a steady flow of customers but not busy or rushed.
This is the best Indian restaurant in Rugby - I shall be going again!

1  Thank martinsaxby

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a meal with six friends and we all had different starters and main courses. All of us made the same comment quite freely i.e not bad but no great shakes. It is not particularly cheap either. However the service was good considering the place was busy (should be on a Saturday night though?) My way of thinking is I only return to places that I have enjoyed and this place just does not tick anywhere near enough boxes for me.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Recently visited Rugby due to work commitments on a Friday evening and decided to stop off at the Maharajah with a few colleagues for a meal before we went home. The waiters were polite and sat us down next to the bar while they set up our table for 3. the place was heaving so the waiters kindly passed us some menus and took our drinks orders while we waited, a few minutes later we were taken to our table and our drinks were brought over. The food was fantastic, full of flavour and of a very good quality. Although it was very busy the staff were attentive without ever intruding and were friendly. A good experience, the restaurant has a fairly modern look and has spacious seating so your not too close to the table next to you, which can be awkward. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, it is one of the better Indian restaurants i have been too and i will surely be back soon. Thank you all at the Maharajah!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

my wife and i joined up with some friends for dinner. The food was really excellent with us having a range of dishes. I would, on the quality of the food have given an excellent mark, but the waiter was very brusque and not very friendly at all.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recently visited, food was excellent, however, we felt very rushed by the staff, it seemed that onece they had the order, which we were very rushed to make a decision, they just wanted us out of the door as soon as possible - I realise that the table is money to them but this was a party of 5 and we were rushed out within an hour - more attention to customer service please - your food is the best but your customer service lets you down big time. Will think twice about returning or recommending.