“Excellent food”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped at the petrol station & decided to give it a try as we were hungry. What a surprise! We eat curries often but this was the best we've had in a while. Fresh, interesting flavours that really 'dance' in your mouth - very, very good. As we are local, we can benefit from the free delivery service as well & suspect we will be eating here a lot. A real find; though the outside is unprepossessing & was not even sure it was a restaurant, I'm glad we gave it a go. Good service as well but it was a quiet & early Monday night. I understand they do breakfast now, so will sample that soon. Pleased to see that they also offer children's meals (priced accordingly) & that's good when you have three of them!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank beecee06

Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Pretentious and over priced”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After reading all the excellent reviews on this place, I decided it was time to give this 'hidden gem' a try.

Initially my first impression of this place was it looked classy and modern from the outside, so in I went to this highly rated and anticipated meal I was waiting for. I walked in and the place was completely dead which I thought was a little strange considering it was 8pm on a Friday night. The owner then sat us down to our table. The owner seemed to be a bit arrogant towards us which was a bit unsettling as we just wanted to relax and enjoy our meal.

I ordered the safe option of a chicken rogan josh and a vegetable rice with a few poppadoms and a cobra to start. The good come out and I started to tuck in. I wasn't really impressed with the curry as it was tasteless and bland, which I wasn't expecting, My rice tasted gritty too.

My colleague had the wrong dish sent out to him which wasn't a problem even though it was 15 minutes late from the mains, but when we asked for an exchange they just appologised and basically pressured us to stay with the dish which was sent out initially. As you can imagine we were not entirely impressed.

I asked for the bill and it came to £28.00 for just me! I didn't even have a starter and only one beer. In hindsight I probably should of checked the prices before but I have NEVER had to pay that much outside of London.

Given the quality of the food and the negative atmosphere it was a real let down and definitely not worth the money. We certainly won't be dining here again.

• Visited May 2014
Shipston-on-Stour, United Kingdom
“Very good local find”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Firstly, the honesty warning. If I still lived in Leicester this might not get 5 stars, but it's the best of its kind in the area and not to be missed if you're looking for an Indian at the edge of the North Cotswolds.

It's reasonably priced, well cooked food and it really is worthwhile picking things from the menu that are not on the list of usual suspects. Whatever you do don't be put off by the building - from the outside it's a drab 1 story modern building on the A429 next to a service station, but inside it's modern, well styled and appropriately lit. The service is excellent, as is the choice of drink (particularly if you're not the driver! There's plenty of parking and they do a takeaway.....

• Visited February 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“You MUST try this place”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had read other rave reviews, staying for the weekend in the area, drove past and wondered if it would live up to the good reviews. Best Indian meal we have ever had. The menu is unusual, but we both chose a dish from the menu to try, rather than one of the "usual suspects" listed at the back.
Poppadoms were crisp and not greasy, the home made pickles were just that, home made, not mass produced. When we said how much we liked one of the onion chutneys we were offered a second helping immediately. I had a lamb dish which just melted in the mouth and was spiced without being too hot. My started was beautifully presented. Although the combinations sound a little strange at times the flavours work really well. My husband had a chicken dish with meatballs, unusual but delicious, not tough or overcooked. The portions are just about right, not too enormous or stingy. I had mango kulfi for pud, however wish they had strained out the cardomom seeds, the only thing I can fault. My OH had home made pancakes, they gave him an extra one as they had spare batter, but he couldn't finish it. Service was attentive and friendly, staff were all very engaging. It's just a shame the place was not packed out, the location lets it down. This place also has a listing under "Gloucestershire" restaurants - it's the same place. There is no website as this is a relatively new business and they have been let down by a supplier, but they do have a facebook page. I really hope they succeed, on the strength of the quality of food, presentation and service they deserve to. Don't be put off by the exterior, but do wear layers as it is rather cold inside.

• Visited February 2014
Oddington
“20 out of 10”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic find, fabulous food, excellent staff who enjoy humorous banter with customer, defiantly the best Indian in the area. Can highly recommend to anyone who enjoys good food and excellent service as the title states I have given them 20 out of 10 ! Please go and find out for yourself.

Visited February 2014