“Home From Home”

Little Rushbrook Cottages
Little Rushbrook Cottages
Reviewed 14 November 2006

I stayed at Little Rushbrook Cottages with my wife and 2 children for 4 days. The accomodation was spotless and very modern . The cottages have WIFI access .
Although the cottage was advertised as accomodation only we were provided with the ingredients for an excellent continental breakfast
The accomodation was off a quiet lane - the farm has some lovely horses and a grand little Jack Russsell- however as they are 15 miles from Birmingham and about a mile from the nearest railway station you are not in the Wilderness.

Why stay in soulless Travelodges when there is accomodation of this standard .

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 17 September 2006

Well , what can we say ??? We planned on staying at the cottages for a month but ended up living in there long term for 6 months . The cottages were new at the time and immaculately kept by Chris the landlady . The cottages have all you need for a short trip OR as we found out for a longer term rental including microwave tv power showers etc, the only thing lacking was a bottle opener but a quick walk to the owners cottage at the bottom of the garden led to us sharing a bottle of wine with them as well as them providing a new bottle opener next morning .
There was nothing nicer than waking in the morning to the sound of the sheep bleating in the nearby fields , or eating alfresco on the outside terrace .
We knew ther area well already and although you need a car to get to many places the local pubs and cuisine are certainly worth the short drive .
We wouldnt hesitate in staying at little rushbrook again and would recommend the place to anyone with a love of the outdoors without wanting to be too far from the civilised world or road network . Location is fantastic !!!
We now live in Spain but are thinking of popping back for a night or two next time we are back in the Uk

• Stayed: July 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 August 2006

I have been staying on and off at Little Rushbrook Cottages for a few months and this self catering cottage is a little slice of heaven! I commute to Birmingham and Bournville for work and stay at Rushbrook Cottages during the week. It combines great location with a quiet country setting. Easy access to the M42 which will get you to the M40, M6 and M5 quickly, so Birmingham, the NEC, Redditch, Warwick, and even Stratford-upon-Avon are with in a close drive. But as you pull down the single track country road that is Rushbrook Lane and foxes or bunnies dart across the road you'll forget about the traffic of the motorway.

First time I visited Little Rushbrook Cottages, I was greeted by Dennis the dog, a ½ Jack Russell ½ Dachshund, who was looking for a quick hello, a pat on the head, and to see if I was interested in a game of tug-o-war. Two horses leaned out of their stable doors to see who I was and the chickens clucked in the paddock. Being a country boy at heart, I knew I would feel right at home.

Chris and Ron own the single story converted stable block which houses the 2 self-catering units. Chris manages the day to day side but Ron can recommend some great pubs and restaurants in the area! I have stayed in either the twin bed or the double bed cottages. Both cottages comprise of two large rooms; one being an open plan, fully fitted and well stocked kitchen/living room with TV/VCR; the other room being a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom/shower. They are fully furnished and the sitting room futon couch can be a second bed as needed. Chris stocks the fridge (no freezer) with breakfast and lunch items as well as bread, cereal, tea and coffee. If you need or desire something different food-wise, let Chris know and she will gladly get it for you. I am trying to eat more whole grain and low fat stuff and when I mentioned this to Chris I had healthy options waiting for me the next day.

Out the back of each cottage are French doors that open on to a lovely garden. A hedge separates the cottages from the main house. The views of the fields and garden are very nice. Bunnies, a variety of wild birds (swallows more recently) and an occasional fox visit the garden. The sound of horses and sheep will also be heard. Lots of trails and walking path are around but I haven’t explored them yet.

In the area are some great pubs! The Bell is in Tanworth-in-Arden and is more of a restaurant. Chilled atmosphere and great food. Bit pricey and can get crowded. Also I found a nice country pub called The Peacock in Kings Norton which is north of the M42. Food was excellent and cheaper. Ask Ron and Chris for other suggestions.

The Cottages are cleaned daily, well stocked and you will be very well looked after!! If you are in the area for business or for a relaxing country retreat I highly recommend Little Rushbrook Cottages.

1  Thank Meikleman

Been to Little Rushbrook Cottages? Share your experiences!