How this hotel gets 4* is beyond me! Oh wait, the upgrade for an extra 50GBP per night for 2 people is one reason and the fitness centre/spa (quite pricey) is another reason but the basic room is nothing special and definitely not above the standard of a normal Travelodge or Ibis.
It was cheap (160€ for 3 nights as we stayed during the low period between Christmas and New Year).
Check in and out were both very quick and easy.
It's location is great as it's a 5 minute walk to Merry Hill, my grandparents etc live close by and we could get everywhere quickly as the weather was horrific.
The room was always clean, warm, quite big and the bed was comfortable.
The TV is almost exactly the same 14" one that I had in the mid-90s! As the bedroom is quite big, you could barely make anything out as it's on the other side of the room.
There wasn’t a safe in the room, so we had to take our valuables, passports etc with us everywhere we went.
The turquoise colour of the corridors and rooms is from the 70s and it's almost the same shade as those that you'd find in a house that hasn't been redesigned for decades.
The electrical sockets are on the opposite side of the room to the bed, so charging your phone overnight and then turning off your alarm in the morning etc is a hassle.
The shower felt like an attack on my skin as the shower head jet couldn’t be turned/changed or the pressure changed.
The linen was alright but the pillows were wafer thin.
Basically, to sleep and nothing else, this hotel is a decent option. To relax in, for a great stay it's not really the place you're looking for as this comes no where near basic 4* standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copthorne Hotel Birmingham Dudley. In the heart of the Black Country just 11 miles to the west of Birmingham, this fine modern hotel overlooks the picturesque Canal Marina and is just minutes away on foot from the prestigious Intu Merry Hill shopping complex. The hotel boasts 138 rooms & suites as well as impressive conference and banqueting facilities, catering for up to 600 delegates for meetings, weddings and conferences. Relax in our Le Club leisure centre whilst enjoying a beauty treatment or workout in the gym before taking a dip in the heated pool. Visitors can explore many various attractions, from Dudley Zoo, West Midlands Safari Park, Cadbury World and the Black Country Living Museum. Birmingham city centre is a short drive away with excellent shopping at the Bullring shopping mall, theatres and the Barclaycard Arena to watch all the major music artistes from around the world. With excellent access to the M5, M6 and M54 motorways and Birmingham International Airport, the Copthorne Hotel Birmingham Dudley looks forward to welcoming you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Merry Hill Hotel Dudley
- Dudley Copthorne Merry Hill
- Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley West Midlands, UK