“Great hotel”

Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breierley Hill
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband, daughter and I came and stayed for 3 nights at the weekend.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast buffet had plenty of choice and hot drinks were brought to us which I think was better than the self service previously offered.
The room was warm, clean and very comfortable - flat screen TV now! with a pleasant view.
We enjoyed using the pool.
It was only a few days, but our time away seemed much longer and was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Check if your room is opposite the lifts Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Lindseytaylor7

Many thanks for your recent review following your time at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had managed to relax and use the facilities with your family.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The room on the fourth floor was clean and spacious, if a little dated with a comfortable bed. The restaurant was unfortunately closed for a private event; the alternative, set up in a meeting room looked uninspiring so we decided not to dine at the hotel. We found a really reasonably priced pub/restaurant on the opposite side of the canal which was also open for breakfast so we went there for all meals during our stay. Good price from Secret Hotel/last minute.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view of the surrounding area and hills in the distance.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jane W

Many thanks for your recent review and kind comments. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed in the hotel for a weekend the room was ok thought is could be updated, I went for breakfast I thought the buffet fry up was not nice at all also the staff took a long time to bring coffee, thought it was under staffed and they seem they don't have a clue how to run a restaurant being as there seemed to be a lack of management then I went for a meal on the night waited a long time for my meal and again not enough staff working,Won't be staying again it's was awful won't be recommending it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: February 2014

Deae Jojoprincess

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to raed of your concerns, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

May I ask if you could take a moment to offer me further details of your experience, including dates etc - matt.ward@millenniumhotels.co.uk

Once I have had the opportunity to investigate further I will also be able to revert back to you accordingly

I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and myself booked into this hotel on Tuesday January 28 for 3 nights. We had just arrived from the airport following a long haul flight from the USA. I found the front reception staff to be very friendly and helpful when we checked in. Our club room was spacious and lovely and clean. The beds were very comfortable, nice linens on the beds, plenty of towels and toiletries...lovely hot shower too. There were tea, coffee and a kettle for our drinks. We also had a fridge in the room which came in handy for cold drinks, the room was a little hot so we asked for a fan which was delivered right away.. The hotel manager Hardeep called to see if there was anything he could get for us. We were very happy with the service so far and just needed to catch up on our sleep! Breakfast next day in the restaurant was perfect..self service, a pot of tea was delivered to our table. The food was hot and a excellent variety to choose from, lovely selection of fruit juices, breads, butter, jams and marmite.
The house keepers were very helpful too ensuring we had enough items for our stay.
We were given a couple of vouchers for drinks at the bar so decided to have a bar meal which we found very satisfying and again a good selection of meals and bar snacks to choose from at reasonable prices for a hotel !
The hotel has a great pool and gym too !
Thank you again Hardeep for taking such good care of us, we will definitely return when we visit the UK again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Carol M

Thank you for your kind review, I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed a variety of the services available as well as meet some of the team. I will be sure to pass your comments on, in particular to Hardip.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for just one night on a business trip. It's one of those hotels that (in my opinion) isn't as good as it thinks it is. There were two issues that really let it down, firstly the reception, where I never saw more than one person manning it, despite the length of the queue, and on check-in and check-out there was a long wait.

The restaurant was just awful, we had a 45 minute wait for two starters ( it wasn't busy ) and a similar wait for mains, and while the staff were very good at coming over and apologising for the long waits, it didn't make the food turn up any quicker. When they did arrive, the meals were horrible and we both ate roughly half of what was put in front of us.

The rooms were nice, and parking's easy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gordonrgs37

I was really disappointed to read of the issues you experienced when with us recently. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to learn of more details so that I may better investigate and revert back to you following my investigation. If you are able to share any additional details I would be most grateful - matt.ward@millenniumhotels.co.uk

I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The room was large and spacious.
Staff were very polite.
Food: Starter must have been left on the pass to long as it was just about warm.
Main meal was absolutley brilliant and large portions and piping hot, I would reccomend every one try the the Beef and Ale Stew.
Breakfast was very good and plenty of selection
Service was very good.
Only let down was heating in room was not the best, The small radiator was always going to e up against it in such a large room.
Will we go back? yes but will ask for warmer room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tomexh

Thank you for your recent post. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your time with us. I must confess the beef stew is also a personal favourite of mine.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I wanted to get away from it all and want to say all the staff at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley are absolutely amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for them. My room was lovely, with a wonderful view of the waterfront. I will be back in the area in the next couple of months and will definitely stay here again.
The breakfast was great value and the selection was plentiful. Well done to all employees that make this hotel a pleasure to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear EnglandSecrets

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience by posting a review. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time with us.

We look forwards to welcoming you back soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Breierley Hill
#3 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
#8 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley? Share your experiences!