TripAdvisor
The New Wellington(Breierley Hill)
1,144 results
All reviewsclub roomblack countrycanal basinchristmas partyfour star hotelsteam roombit datedbar pricesleisure facilitiesweekend breakdecent sizelovely roomsaturday nightself servicefollowing morningtea and coffeefull english
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Booked this last minute and what a lovely spa day we had. We arrived and was greeted by friendly staff who gave us a form to fill in and said that we could help ourselves to tea and coffee.

We both had a pedicure and both therapists were lovely! They did an excellent job. My nails are gorgeous!!

The pool area was clean but what was great about it was that it was so quiet!! I had the use of the sauna and steam room to myself. It was perfect. The jacuzzi was really warm and perfect for relaxing in as well.

We will definitely return. Thanks for a great day!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Lou033,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following your last minute spa day! Naturally, I am delighted that you both really enjoyed your experience and I will ensure the team in the club are aware of your kind words.

We look forward to your return visit very soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Extremely friendly staff, very comfortable, very clean, great little gym and swimming pool. Excellent sleep on great beds. Two small niggles - car parking bays are much, much too narrow. My door got dented and I can't say it was the fault of the person who did it (not that I got a chance find out who had done it). For a 4 star hotel the carpark is scandalous. The other strange niggle - the dining room ceiling is so tacky (cloudy skies) and there is a missing bulkhead that makes it seem as though it has simply fallen down. Great stay but you might need to factor in an additional £300 to repair your car door!

Room Tip: Stay in a room as high and on the other side from the function suite.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Antony J,

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you found the car parking bays to be too small, I think that when the hotel was originally built some 24 years ago, motor vehicles were much smaller in size, so it was not an issue then. I am sorry too that you found the decor in the restaurant to be less than agreeable, many of guests enjoy the fact that it is not a 'cookie-cutter' hotel restaurant and it certainly opens the door to engage in conversations with the team about the reasons for the decor!

We do hope that you will visit again when your travels next bring you to the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely room, view of the Dudley canal, geese and lovely, friendly service. Room service changed our sparkling water for still quickly and with no fuss. Room was smart and clean and the bed was good.
Not a five this time as we would have preferred a livelier bar in the evening and more nuts and fruit with our cereal.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark A,

Thanks for your positive review. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and I shall pass your feedback onto the team to see if we can add further elements to our breakfast offering.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

What an amazing hotel it has a gym a pool steam rooms jacuzzis all free to use breakfast was amazing fruit or full English

Only problem was that there was no free wifi you had to pay

Another great thing about this hotel is it is dog friendly

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Mac P,

Thank you for your great 5 star review! I am delighted you had such a good stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had one night here to be reaonably near Birmingham and chose it for its canal side location. We upgraded to the Club deal which meant we got a suite, seperate lounge and bedroom, both of which were huge, on the fourth floor with a nice view of the canal. There were big LCD TVs in both rooms, a fridge with bottled water, plenty of tea etc, trouser press, settee and chairs. Bathroom was good with fixed overhead shower.
Also in the deal was full English breakfast and two drinks vouchers.
There is a good lounge and outside seating area.
The dinner menu really didn't offer us anything we wanted but there are plenty of eating places nearby, including a JD Wetherspoons just across the canal.
Good coice at breakfast but the fried eggs were a bit rubbery due to not being cooked freshly.
All in all a very pleasant stay, The Merry Hill shopping centre and retail park is minutes away.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear EastYorkshireTerry,

Thanks for your great review. I am pleased you found the marina view rooms to be spacious and good value. I appreciate too your comments regarding food options and we review our menu seasonally to ensure we offer a wide variety of dishes, though I am sorry that we could not tempt you on this occasion.