“Don't stay here! Awful service, awful food, room not cleaned properly.”

Ramada Oldbury Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We arrived for our one night stay on a Saturday night, welcome was very poor, one in our party had been given a double room when requesting a twin, no option was given to change and no apology. Free 3 course meal included in the stay was aweful, half indian half English menu. both bad. Waiter clearly didn't know what he was doing and kept having to go back to the kitchen to find out what the dishes actually were. Took ages to arrive and food was poor. Only one waiter for the whole restaurant. After getting into bed we found hairs all in the bed, clearly the sheets hadn't been washed just shaken off an badly, old blood stains on sheets and coffee stains on walls. Not enough toilet roll left in the bathroom, dust everywhere in the room clearly they are not being cleaned well enough. It just felt like corners were being cut everywhere. And the stay cost us £72.00 including breakfast, hardly the price for a 'cheap' hotel you would expect here. Very disappointing. Writing this from our room so can't rate the breafast yet.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 13 August 2011

The hotel was recommended to me by my colleague from our mother company and it was really good choice. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the check in was very efficient. Room was large and fully equipped with everything you would need for an overnight stay. The bathroom was quite small and dark (led light) but the shower was very large. There was free wi-fi connection which worked OK. Breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again on business.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Booked this hotel as a secret hotel thru Expedia. it was excellent value for money. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the check in was very efficient. Rooms are large and fully equipped with everything you would need for an overnight stay. The bathroom was quite small but the shower was very large, the decor throughout the hotel was lovely and it was very clean. Breakfast was not very hot but there was plenty of choice. Would stay here again on either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank juknights
Reviewed 29 July 2011

after reading previous stays was not looking forward to 5 nights here.
But the staff were friendly and helpfull. the indian food was exellent. the nan breads wre close to the best i have had in this country.
being right by the m5 was expecting a lot of road noise but their was hardly any.
only complaint was a small green safety LED in ceiling that bugged me during the early hours

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
kitkat023, Front Office Manager at Ramada Oldbury Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyes your stay with us & me and all the team hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 June 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was filthy and if you don't believe me please run your hand over the top of your wardrobe or TV. They told me this was due to an air-con issue. Maybe it was also the faulty air-con system that blew the empty condom wrappers and other dirft and filth under the bed. The staff, well the head receptionist was also the bar man and the night porter. My friend also got locked in the disabled toilet for 20 minutes as there was no staff going about to hep him. When I did eventually get a drink from the bar, a vodka, it was electric blue! And the bar man actually served that to me.. When I complained to the area manager he laughed. it was the most repulsive, filthy, disgusting, badly managed hotel I have stayed in and i would not reccommend anyone wasting their money. Ramada are not making sure their brand standadrs are adheard to. Oh and the wifi kept needing rebooted and the lights blew in the bar when I was there!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JetFox

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us recently, we are sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. For your information the hotel is in the process of having its annual refresh for the bedrooms and public areas as we have identified areas that need attention. I can assure you that all the Bedrooms are cleaned on a daily basis so i was surprised to read what was found in your room. The Air conditioning has now had its annual service.
The hotel is very busy throughout the week and we are only able to refurb bedrooms when our capacity allows us to, curently being the summers months we can update on our staff training also.
I can only apologise for the problem you had with your vodka. But can asure you all our stocks are checked weekly.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel where you can take advantage of our authentic continental & Indian menus within our hotel resturant.
Once again please accept my apologies.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed at the Ramada on business on 17th June; with four colleagues the receptionist was warm and welcoming, the rooms had an Indian feel and were well equipped; but the jewel in the crown was the food which was outstanding.

I ordered the scallops with mussels and they were cooked to perfection being soft, juicy and sweet with the delicate flavour of the sea. I wish I could have ordered a larger plate as my entrée but chose one of the substantial steak dishes which were on offer. Again it was cooked to perfection, one my colleague advised that his was the best steak that he had had in 10 years and considering we all work for the world largest catering company that was some testimony.

The breakfast and service was also very good and at the standard of a four star. All in all a great hotel, so well done Ramada Oldbury team and management.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review about your stay with us recently,
I am delighted that your and your collegues enjoyed your stay with us. And i am glad that you all got to taste our fantastic food in our restutant.
Me and all the team look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future and hopefully you can take advantage of the free High Speed Internet access that is avialable throughout our hotel during your stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and was reminded that there is still a hotel with a global name that has a personal service and quality about its premises.

A large free car park with plenty of spaces, polite and easy to understand front of house staff, a clean room with a lovely large shower, reasonably priced food and a quality breakfast. On top of that I got a very good rate by booking on the hotel's web site.

Room Tip: Get a rear facing room