Had to stay in the Oldbury area as my husband had an interview. He chose the hotel as it was close to where he needed to be.
When we drove up to the hotel it's grey exterior didn't look too inviting. Don't be fooled by the flashy chandelier hanging in the doorway that's as nice as it gets. Glass doors shabby, two chaise chairs also in reception area grubby and old. At this point I wanted to turn around and leave. An Indian restaurant is inside just next to the reception with a very small bar.
Wallpaper in stairwell peeling, scuffed and stunk of public toilets (cleaning fluid). Room was very small and dark. Horrible brown and black furniture. Had a hair dryer and iron tho as well as tea and coffee. Bathroom was poky and had bad lighting. No bath. Could barely get into the bathroom without knocking into the toilet. Towels were off white! Bed hard and pillow stuffing non existent. Dirty brown carpet had seen better days and thick dust behind bedside cabinet. No wonder I sneezed constantly. I'm not normally affected by dust. Lots of traffic noise during the night. The worst thing was a green fluorescent light in the ceiling that couldn't be turned off. Obviously a night light. I could see it even through closed eyelids. Can't wait to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 mins from Jct 2 M5, stunningly decorated & newly built in '08, 81 rooms all en-suite, chic restaurant, free WiFi, lift. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Oldbury Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Birmingham Oldbury Hotel Oldbury
- Oldbury Ramada
- Ramada Oldbury Birmingham West Midlands