“Ramada,Wolverhampton Rd,Oldbury.”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Ramada,Wolverhampton Rd,Oldbury.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here when ever in the area, Staff always helpful and pleasant. Plenty of parking.
The rooms are a bit dated but ok. Bathroom are very small useable(shower I had was a walk in one room 213) An Indian and Italian Restaurant close bye if you don't want to eat in hotel, a short drive are a few small towns with restaurants, also approx. 10 min walk is a large McDonalds. plenty of tea and coffee in rooms. I had breakfast with plenty to choose from, one thing puzzled me was the napkins with a Christmas theme, either I was early or late for last year
My room was at the front 2nd floor so if you sleep with the window open a bit noisy with traffic(this didn't bother me) as hotel is on a very busy road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My first stay at the Ramada Hotel Oldbury, and was pleasantly surprised - it was a two night stay on business, and cost me £60 per night with breakfast and dinner included [corporate contract]. The reviews on this site do not reflect the standards I observed. I interacted with really pleasant staff and I enjoyed my room very much - cleaning was generally good, with the bathroom being immaculate. Only negatives I took away were I had one stained towel which wasn't replaced, the corridors were tired and there was a noticeable leak/smell on the floor I stayed on and most depressingly of all, the hotel played Westlife's Greatest Hits on both nights whilst I was eating dinner! I suppose I can forgive the latter point, but overall - good stuff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne D
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

A one night stay at this hotel conveniently located very close to the M5 in Oldbury. The room was very comfortable, clean and tidy, and I got a good nights sleep. The bedroom only had one tiny spotlight in the ceiling, plus 2 small bedside lamps, so it was quite dark in the room, particularly when I wanted to unpack, and read.
Breakfast (£7.50) on Sunday morning was supposed to start at 8am, but the staff were still putting out food at 8.15, which was a tad inconvenient.
Reception was also sparsely staffed which delayed my departure.
Overall however a comfortable and reasonably priced night stop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hereford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels and I have also worked in hotels and customer service so have a good idea of what to expect. I stayed in this hotel when I was on a work course. the entrance looks lovely, reception looks clean and tidy and you can see through to the restaurant which looks nice too. but that is where the good points stop. First the lift was very noisy and made a lot of clunk clunk noises. then my key card did not work so I had to go back down to reception to get a new one. I went back up to join my group at our rooms and the room of one of the other girls had not been cleaned. opened my door with my new key card and I had to shut the door. used towels in a pile, cushions on the floor, lipstick stained glasses left around, duvet piled on the bed with a dirty tissue next to it. now fair enough they moved our rooms and gave us a free drink with our dinner so they did try. but service at dinner was slow, the portions at dinner were huge and the food was hot BUT the chicken needed a good 5-10 minutes longer to cook as it was still a bit rubbery. went back up to my room and wanted to relax in bed and watch some tv with a cuppa.....couldnt drink the tea, it was foul, and couldnt change the channel with the remote as it didnt work. bed was a king but rock hard and it was right by the main road so I hardly slept all night. there was only one spot light near the door so the room was really dark unless you used the side lamps too. there was a room service tray left outside a bedroom all night and when i mentioned it to reception they just said that housekeeping would sort it out later (why not sort it out now???). breakfast??? toast took foooorrreeeevvveerr!! no coissants/pain au chocolate etc, just fruit, small selection box cereals or 'hot' food. the food was left in hot plates with lids but was not hot and i only ate it because i was hungry. I have a strong stomach and will eat most things but I hated this entire experience. you hardly saw any staff in the restaurant either checking temperatures of food etc I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gemmas1985

Travellers are raving about these Oldbury hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed here 3 times through work purely because of the convenient parking and location (by the motorway). Although generally it's a nice hotel, unfortunately there's always been something that has let me down- it's not quite there with standards of a ramada. Towels and sheets are off white, room's tend to stay cold, tele always glitchy and manager not so professional. Once there was a bad smell I couldn't work out and it was a pile of dirty dinner dishes left in the laundry storage cupboard next to my room! Also each time I've stayed the fire alarm has gone off during the night and I've been told it's faulty each time. I do hope management read these comments as this hotel has the makings to be a great place to stay- it's just lacking the brand standard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The dector is really nice an beauiful.. Rooms are clean bed sheets where fresh an clean...Also the bathroom was spotless.... Staff were friendly and welcoming overall I payed 49 pound so brill stay an worth every penny

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in ramada oldbury for one night receptionist florinda was friendly and welcoming. Hotel clean bed comfortable. The sad part now!!! We stay here frequently and this time was very disappointed when we went for breakfast instead of help yourself it's now you have to ask for your breakfast, no brown bread shriveled up fruit that looks like it's been there for days. No jug of tea no more and in darkness to eat. The sad part also is that the receptionist is also the bar maid, waitress and everything else one staff to cover everything not good. Florinda was getting loads of complaints and she was good in sorting out but no manager about at all to help, won't be staying here again

Stayed February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!