Travellers Inn
US$97
US$91
US$51
Priceline
All reviewsfree gymblack countrymain roadtoiletriesjunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The asian owner on check in did try to help but didn't seem to have a clue, i think they have just taken over, our room was a joke but fair play he changed it for us but it was even worse but we just wanted to unpack and get some food after our long journey oh what a joke , two hours we waited but still no food , our waitress on the other , i think her name was jo the only one that seemed to have a clue kept us calm as my wife wanted to leave ,food came and was ok but im afraid there were to many problems for my simple life.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bill1966_1966
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Position is on a very busy dual carriageway, nearly underneath a flyover.
Lack of staff at all times meant a wait for everything. We had dinner in the evening and although the food was good when it arrived, it took an hour for a first course to arrive, and in all took 2 and a half hours to serve a three course meal... Which was also delivered piece meal a plate at a time not altogether.
Staff ok but slow. Wifi was not working, was only fixed when threatened to remove all three of us on a weeks booking and find somewhere else, but it did get fixed I suppose.

Nice gym on site and rooms clean, but at night very noisy due to doors banging shut and inconsiderate men talking loudly in the corridors, not to mention the traffic noise, so it was impossible to have a window open.

I guess for £39 a night you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Whether it is the shear heat that is keeping me awake, in a room bathed in a green light from the industrious emergency light, or the poor slumped bed and cheap bedding. For one thing, I beg for forgiveness. Whatever it was I did wrong, please don't allow my family and me to ever make the mistake of staying here ever again.

Stifling hot, pitch black, corridors adjoin rooms crammed with cheap, flimsy beds and a smattering of flat pack furniture, enough to furnish a single room perhaps. Lighting that clusters in a point of the room that waits until it feels it is safe enough to reveal the contents of the room. Peeling paint and worn looks don't add to the charm. The evidence of being located in an industrial estate scattered around its car park.

Beware. The reception staff are delightful. No matter how nice they are, run!!! There are three Premier Inns nearby. Take safe harbour at one of these before making the same mistake we made, checking in.

Room Tip: One not adjoined to this 'hotel!'
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cranialscratch
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had the misfortune to book this place for 4 days in May when all the other hotels were booked up.
The reception is like a drop in alcoholic centre, the restaurant is so awful ( waited one hour for food ) I went across the car park and had the first MCDonalds in about 10 years.
The rooms are awful, sheets horrible and grey. Threadbare carpet .
Basically its is a doss house for workmen which is fine, but I was expecting something approaching a travel lodge.
On the plus ( yes there is one ), its got a great fitness centre.

Room Tip: Avoid it like the plague
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamesbythesea
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The Pro's

1/ Good convenient location for Birmingham / NEC
2/ Free WiFi and parking

The Con's

1/ Room dirty, the floor hadn't been hoovered - really dissapointing!! Especially after the first room we got allocated stunk of cigarettes so had to get moved.
2/ Room was far too hot, no climate controls, I ended up sleeping on the window sill for the first time in my life.
3/ Booked a double room yet it was two single beds pushed together with the annoying gap down the middle.
4/ No bedside table so everything had to go on the floor

5/ Breakfast; served 8 - 11, went down at 10.30, got the dregs left in the coffee jar, a bowl of cereal, toast and was told there was no croissants left. At 10.45 i asked if another coffee was going to be put on to which i was told no, its too late and breakfast had stopped being served. A few people had gone to the coffee jar to find it empty, how hard is it to put a simple coffee on to keep guests happy!?

Be all and end all - i will not use this hotel again. It has the potential to be really good, with what looked like a modern onsite gym, but unfortunately, they lacked the bare basics!!!

Room Tip: Top floor seemed much quieter than the 2nd were we was originally checked in to.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business