Firstly I would lime to point out that this is the first time I have wrote a review for a hotel I have stayed in.
We first entered the premises and all was OK we where greeted at the front desk and checked in and from here is when it all went downhill it took us around 10mins to find our room due to this place being like a maze it is like walking around the tardis (doctor who) it feels like there are just a infinite amount of corridors but when finding our room we put the key in the door and opened it and was greeted with a horrendous smell of stale smoke then as everyone does when entering a hotel room we gave it a bit of an inspection and this is what we found.
Wallpaper that made us feel like we just ate a bag of magic mushrooms, weird stains on the carpet, two armchairs with rips all up the arms, complementary tea and coffee where we had to walk across the room just to plug the kettle in, the beds where OK and a good size but the pillows well I might as well have layed on a brick, a mirror smothered in puss stains, a hole In the light cover In the bathroom which I feel is dangerous due to steam and electricity not going together very well, complementary soap and towels which is a plus and the worst was outside the bathroom window was a little alleyway which was covered in rubbish ranging from McDonald's waste to used condoms.
After inspecting we unpacked our stuff and then a party started in the function room below us and we had bass rattling the TV and doors in the room but it was on around 15.00pm so we thought we would just go out for some food and a drink. We arrived back at the hotel at around 11ish and we and had an Indian buffet which was a really big positive as the staff where friendly and the food was good. We played our bill then went up to our room this time greeted with this time bass from the speakers below and after sitting down for 15mins I took a walk down to the front desk a told the receptionist about the loud music and he said it will be turned down in a couple of mins so I went back up to the room waited 10mins and the music was still no lower so again walked down to the front desk this time meeting the manager on the way down and after confronting him about the noise he told me to go and tell the people that having the party to turn the music down and to this I replied it is your function room you are the manager thus your job to tell them. to cut a long story short after complaining 5 times nothing happed till around 01.30 when the music was turned off and we where offered no money back I did not even get an apology in the morning. So to anyone e reading this DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!
Thanks for reading and sorry about the punchuation but I am writing this from my phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very warm welcome awaits you at the Birmingham Best Inn Hotel and Restaurant, conveniently located less than 10 minutes from Birmingham city centre, 8 miles from Birmingham City Football Club, Airport & NEC exhibition centre! Its central location makes it an ideal venue for conferences, weddings or other celebrations or as a base to explore the local area. We pride ourselves on a reputation in the Birmingham for exceptional service, fantastic dining and an all encompassing, unique hotel experience. The splendid décor really makes the Birmingham Best Inn special. Behind the entrance, you’ll find a labyrinth of intimate alcoves and meandering corridors intertwined with contemporary monochrome, rich colours and characteristic features. You will find a large flat screen TV, snack menu and champagne, and a custom built veranda in our Bar.*10 minutes to Birmingham City Centre*8 miles to Birmingham City Football Club*8 miles to Birmingham International Airport*8 miles to NEC exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Birmingham Best Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birmingham Best Hotel Oldbury
- Birmingham Best Inn Hotel Oldbury, West Midlands